Chapter 7: Paternity Test?

Logan

"No, let go of me." She tried to wiggle herself out of my hold, but I held her tighter.

"I thought I warned you not to come back because causing a scene here is the last thing you want to do," I said through gritted teeth while endless possibilities ran throughout my mind.

A few of them were that he got her pregnant or she was trying to blackmail him for money.

She looked away from me and contemplated if she wanted to tell me the whole story or not.

But when she saw how I looked at her, she knew I didn't have time to waste.

"He tried to pay me some hush money, but I don't want any. I want him to own up to his responsibility." She sighed as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"What do you mean?" I asked while endless possibilities ran through my mind.

"I'm pregnant, and the baby is his. When I told him the other time, he didn't want anything with me or our unborn child." She said with venom laced in her voice.

"The baby isn't mine!" Francis yelled through the door.

"Oh yeah, you were crying out my name last time we-"

"Both of you just shut the fuck up!" I sighed, annoyed, and silence followed, "Monica, you're going to come with me," I pulled her along while she tried to loosen my grip.

The more she tried to pull away, the harder I held onto her.

"Ouch, you're hurting me." She complained, trying to cause a scene when we walked closer to my car.

"Get in," I opened up my car door.

"No." She folded her arms across her chest and looked up at me defiantly.

She blinked a few times to see what I planned on doing to her, especially when some people were already watching us.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would've already done so...now get the fuck in!" I snarled.

After a moment, she followed my order and got in.

Girls like her were trouble, so it was better to solve the problem now than later.

Once she settled in, I made sure she was comfortable being the gentleman I was.

I then started driving her far away from Francis.

I looked in the rearview mirror occasionally, seeing that she looked around frantically, not trusting where I would drop her off.

Silence filled the car for a while until she spoke.

"Where are you taking me to?" She asked.

"You'll thank me once you get there," I said in low gruff.

"Thank you for what? I was close enough in getting Francis, your buddy, to confess that he is my baby daddy-"

"Hold on. You better be thankful since if it wasn't for me, Francis would have ruined your life, and when you're his target, you're done for. But since we are pregnant-" I replied, making her look at me with fearful bug eyes.

"I get a pass-"

"No a life break until after having the baby. Especially if the baby is not even his," I replied.

"Yeah, I know, but he's still an asshole like you, and it is his baby," She responded, making me laugh.

"Well, you're not the first nor last to call me an asshole, but are you 100 percent sure it's Francis's child?" I questioned her when she looked down as she fidgeted the hem of her dress.

"I'm not sure, but if he wants to do a paternity test, I'll be more than willing to. It helps me to narrow down my list of men I slept with while I was seeing him," She replied shamefully.

"Hey, do what you have to do, and I'll see what I can do," I thought more about Francis and the possibility of him being a Father.

And if it turned out he was the father, then he better do the fucking right thing and step up as a man.

Seeing that the car ride was too quiet, I turned up the radio as I drove toward the outskirts of town.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst