Chapter 3: The Diner Part 1

I arrived to work just in time before my shift started and clocked in.

I then placed on my apron and started to wipe off the tables since more customers were coming in.

I was glad that my aunt agreed to pick me up after work so working here would be more convenient and I only worked here till nine in the evening, which ended being a part time job.

Maybe before work, I could take some classes at a community college in the fall, but for now I'll just take little steps at a time and try to think about what I wanted to do in the future.

"Hey." Victoria greeted me.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked.

"Fine, you?" She replied.

"Same, I'm just glad I made it on time since I was almost late." I responded.

"Don't stress yourself out too much, as long as you have a valid excuse then Mr. Davidson will understand." She raised her hand, nonchalantly while she chewed her gum.

"Thanks for letting me know." I said.

"No problem." She attended to some customers.

I then looked around, wondering what I could do until Victoria spoke. "Oh and by the way Nora, you can wipe off the tables and afterwards I'll teach you how to use the cash register. Do you want to work as a cashier?" She asked.

"Ok and sure, I don't mind." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ok here you go." She quickly handed me the stuff needed to clean the table and I took it from her.

While I was wiping off the tables, I saw that the place was getting more pack by the minute.

After I quickly wiped off the last table, I walked behind the counter and helped out Victoria.

Once she took the order from the last customer in line at the moment, she showed me how to use the cash register.

Few moments later, I got the hang of it and she asked if I was okay with being the cashier, so she'll be able to attend to other things.

"Yeah I got it from her." I reassured her.

"Ok I'll be back, I'm just going to the back to help since one of the workers said they'll be a little late." She said and I nodded my head.

"Victoria!" Some guy called out at a table and waved at him.

Soon I was left alone, I slowly breathed in and out, reassuring myself that I had nothing to worry about.

While I waited for the next customer to show up, I quickly checked my phone when someone suddenly spoke.

"You shouldn't be on your phone." Someone with a familiar voice said.

I looked up and saw that it was Logan. I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

Today he wore a black slacks and white shirt that matched his black shoes.

His hair was gelled back and he looked less professional then yesterday.

Even so he had a greek god appeal that was powerful and I loved the cologne he had on.

I assumed that he probably had some important business to attend too, or just came from there.

"I know, I was checking something. Would you like to order something?" I asked.

"Well hello to you too." He smirked.

"Hi." I gave him a small smile and he returned the smile.

"Sorry about yesterday, some things happened and I had important business to attend to." He replied, and I thought about what Victoria told me yesterday. 

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst