one

| CHAPTER ONE | the grady white

*⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"JJ you are most definitely wasting about half of that beer right now," laughed Marlee, clinging to the edge of the boat opposite Kiara to avoid the liquid flying in their direction. "It's a waste!" She called, trying to get him to stop his efforts despite the entertainment.

Marlee looks back to see Pope shake his head out of utter disappointment. "Oh my god," he mumbled, hat tilted down to avoid the beer as he drives the boat.

"You're getting beer in my hair!" Kiara complained, although laughing and not really trying to move out of the way.

John B covers just face with his hands, being directly behind JJ. "Alright, you're done!" he calls, Marlee laughing at the strained look on his face. They had put up with JJ's antics for years, as they all had, and honestly didn't mind them. They just didn't tell him that to avoid encouraging it.

    "Alright stop!" Pope yelled, growing more irritated. It was in that second the boat hits something, jerking Marlee along with everyone else forward. Her hands grip the edge of the boat tightly, body lurching forward against the front of the boat. She was fine, despite her head smacking against the the boat, but when she reaches up with her hand she doesn't feel any blood. Sitting up, she surveys the boat, seeing everyone but JJ recuperating, and leans over assuming he flew forward.

     "JJ?" Marlee asks while the others bicker about what Pope did or didn't do, the channel having changed from the storm. He floats up to the surface, a loud groan emitting and Marlee can't help but let out a laugh.

    "You okay JJ?" John B asked, joining Marlee at the front. The pair exchange a look, John B's cheeks puffed up to hold in a laugh, unsure of how hurt JJ is or isn't.

JJ groans again, eyes shut in pain. "I think my heels touched the back of my head," he mumbled, Marlee outwardly laughing once seeing he was a little sore but not in pain.

   "Here, JJ, if you still have that beer would you hand it to me? There's enough junk in here from the storm as it is," she frowned, looking back at Kiara who only confirms. "Plus, valuables."

He swims toward her, brandishing the beer. "I did save it. Like you said, valuable." JJ holds up the beer for her, Marlee leaning over the edge as much as she could to reach him.

She grabs the bottle from him, moving to turn back around onto the boat. Only something jerks her back and she turns to JJ with a scowl, eyes falling on the hand on her wrist tugging her over the boat. A yelp escapes her mouth before she tumbled over face first, the cool water surrounding her. When she resurfaces, she wipes her eyes before zeroing in on JJ. "You little asshole" she seethed, swimming towards him and putting her hands on his shoulders in an effort to submerge him.