21

Areum's POV

"I can't promise but I will try. I don't know what will Hyunjin feel when I talked to him about this. Y-You know, he cherished you both so much"

"I really don't want to live but we can't just spoil him like this. He needs to learn how to let go of people. I got accepted at a school in Singapore. I want him to come with us but I don't think that's the right thing to do. Someone offered Eric a job in Singapore. We decided to move there for good and come back when I finish college" Eunji

"I-Is that the reason why you helped my sister to meet me? Because you think I will change my mind because of her?"

Eunji nodded and a tears escape from her eyes "Hyunjin is so precious to us. We all know that he is not going to accept anyone to enter his life because of his past. Hyunjin tried so hard to trust everyone but he can't. His Uncle and Aunt tried to kill him for three times now. How is he going to trust everyone when his own relatives wants to kill him? The reason I want you to change your mind because I see Hyunjin in you. I saw how you guys tried to trusy everyone around you despite of all the things you guys been through. I thought if you will live, you will help each other to earn trust for everyone. Both of you can understand each other. Hyunjin might be cold and strong outside but he is really scared to be alone. He is scared to be alone because he thought everyone hates him. I want you to help him. Hyunjin needs you more than anyone else..."

I wiped my tears "I will"

"Thank you" Eunji smiled

After talking to Eunji, I went back to my room and stared at the mirror. You need to be strong Eunji. Hyunjin needs you so much. You need to help him to be strong.

I spent the day thinking of how should I talk to Hyunjin about what Eric and Eunji told me. Fuck it. I don't know how.

______________________

~Next Day~

(The day before Areum's operation day)

I am here nervous and waiting for Hyunjin to come. Eric told me that Hyunjin will come here to visit Eunji and also he heard that tomorrow is my operation day. I don't know how to tell Hyunjin. He might get mad, sad, cry, or what. I am scared now.

Someone knocked and opened the door "Hey" IT'S HYUNJIN!!!!!

"Hi, how are you?" I smiled

"Fine, I just went to Eunji's room with some of my friends. Jisung and Jeongin will come here to visit you. They heard about your operation" Hyunjin

"A-Ah really?"

"You okay?" Hyunjin asked

"Yes, by the way, here..." I gave him the brown envelope with the small box and letter "Eric told me to give you those, so...."

"What is these?" Hyunjin said and opened the envelope

"That's the documents of everything your parents left including the mansion, hospital and others. Inside the small box is a ring and a necklace and the letter"

"H-How did Eric find these?" Hyunjin looked at me

"He was cleaning his office when he saw the bookshelf moving. Behind it is a safe vault. He tried to open it but he didn't succeed. He tried your birthday and it opened. We didn't read the letter or documents"

"Why did he told you to give me these? He can give it to me all by his self" Hyunjin

"Because h-he wants me to tell you something"

"What is it?" Hyunjin

"E-Eric and Eunji will leave Korea. Someone offered Eric a job in Singapore and Eunji got accepted in a school there. They want me to tell you about that..."

"W-Why? What's their reason?" Hyunjin

"It's better if you will learn how to accept and trust everyone. They want you to change yourself. They thought if they are here you won't be able to learn it. It's weird to say but the are right. They are not here with you forever, soon they will have their own family. You will have to live on your own and you will be alone. The reason why Eunji helped me because she wants me to live and help you. She wants me to take care and protect you. I-I know what you are feeling right now. But you need to let go also. You need to let them go, Hyunjin"

"Are they leaving because I always put them in danger?" Hyunjin

"No, they are living for you. They want you to be free. How are you going to learn to face your fears of being alone when they are with you? They are doing this for you, Hyunjin. You have to trust them"

"A-Are they going to come back?" Hyunjin

"Yes, after Eunji's college graduation. You should wait for them and show them the better version of you"

He stayed quiet.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah" Hyunjin

"You don't have to be sad. I am here! Besides, they will come back, okay? So, you shouldn't worry" I smiled

The door opened, Jisung and Jeongin entered with a bouquet of flowers. Hyunjin quickly wiped his tears.

"Hey, goodluck for tomorrow, Areum!" Jisung smiled

"Yeah! After your operation we should date!" Jeongin said and gave me the flowers

"Thank youuuu! Let's have a drink after I got discharged here"

"Yeah, let's do that" Jisung

I looked at Hyunjin. I know he is scared but he needs to face it. He will be fine.