Chapter XIV: Mourning A Friend

Start from the beginning

"You okay?" I asked at her.

"Yeah, it's just my head hurts." She explained. I laugh a little and answers.

"Sorry about the fight. I didn't mean to knock you out unconscious. Your were experiencing pain so I ended it for you." I say as I smiled at her.

"Well, that's okay. You really beat me good." She joked. So I laugh along.

"Thanks. You too." I say and we keep talking and talking. Until we known each other. They've been friends with Peter and Drew since childhood. She admitted that they're a bully at school back then.

"I have to go now. See you later." I waved at Molly before I left.

When I arrived it's the fight between Jimmy and Erin. I arrived besides Christina. She looks fine aside from a bruise in her lips. I manage to say hi and look at their fights. I saw Eric glance at me and look back at the fight. Apparently there the second to the last to fight this day. We have a break from fighting this afternoon and practiced jabbing or exercising. I was sad this lunchtume thinking that my bestfriend since Abnegation would be Factionless. I don't have an appetite to eat. We looked like someone has died. I looked like I'm mourning someone. My food gets colder and I just stare at them blankly. In my plate there a two hamburgers and one apple with Dauntless cake on the side. I get my plate and came to Four with Zeke and Shauna. I gave my cake to Four.

"Here's your cake. Hope you enjoyed it." I say emotionless.

"Thanks. Are you fine?" Four asked.

"Well, yeah. I'm fine. I just don't have my appetite to eat. I'm not hungry." I say. I walk away and came back to them.

"Who wants these hamburgers?" I asked them. Al takes the other one while Will and Christina shared the other one. I take the apple and carries it.

I walked through the Chasm to keep my head in peace. I stare at the water flowing below. And I started to remember Tris. I can't stop crying and I wanted to commit suicide so bad. I'm gonna die if they know I'm Divergent anyway. I stand and looked below the Chasm. I heard a foot steps emerging behind me.

"Your not gonna jump, are you?" Eric says. I didn't expect him to be here.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked while I'm sobbing. He just laughs and stand there not doing anything.

"Technically, yes. Because I'm worried about you." Eric says. He's worried about me? Why is he worrying about me?

"I just want to cry. And talk to someone about things." I say as I stepped away from the edge. I shouldn't have said that.

"I'm here if you want to talk to someone." He says with a smile. Can I trust him? His the one who kicked out Tris. Nope, it's Peter. Nope, it's him. Wait, I'm confused.

"You'll do that for me? I don't think your a listener." I say as I sobs. He came close at me and holds my shoulder.

"Come with me. I know a place that can relieve your sadness or stress. I'm gonna show you something that I never shown to anyone." Eric says while he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Hang there and I'll forget your cowardness, fall and die. Or give up. And your gonna pushed me down the Chasm?" I said jokingly "The last time I remembered you put your arms around someone's shoulders and you pushed her down the chasm and she hang there." He just chuckled and we continue walking around the corridors and stairs.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." Eric says looking at me. He's not gonna hurt me? Why would he? I doesn't done bad things at him so there's no reason for me to be thrown on the Chasm.

We keep silent until we're on a door that was shut closed. He opened it and a bright light approached me. I covered my eyes and adjust from the bright light. And I noticed that were on the roof top. I can see tall buildings and the train tracks. It help me calm down though. I smiled at the view, the air gushing through me, the sun, the sound of the birds and at Eric's presence.

"You like what you see?" Eric asked looking at me. He must've looking at me since earlier. But I'm used to it, he looks at me everytime.

"Totally. Thanks for bringing me here. It helped." I say shyly at him. Not knowing the time when he looks at his watch.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"It's almost 1 in the afternoon." He says. We're gonna be late. But I'm not ready to get back down there.

"So we head back now?" I say sadly. He stares at me and answers again. I'm not in the mood to practice and I just want to stay so bad.

"We can stay here a little longer if you want." He offers. I feel a little happiness rushed through me.

"You can do that? Your gonna be needed there and we have practice." I reasoned to confirm.

"I'm a leader remember. So that's not gonna be a problem. Four's there so he can handle them." He says. Looking away. "But right now, I can manage you." He says while I looked back at the view.

"Hmmm? What's that?" I asked because I hear him talks quietly.

"Nothing." He said while shrugging. I smiled and looked back at the scene.

We talked a little about Dauntless and I talked about my old Abnegation life. We seems to be friends by now. So I asked him about why his bringing me here. And he said it's his special place when his stressed or pissed out. And with that we ended up in silence, waiting for someone who can breaks the silence..........