I'm okay

"Ms. Howard! Ms. Howard!" I pick up Sam to look into his eyes when he speaks to me. "Ms. Howard I just wanted to tell I love that much!" he stretches his arm, and I have to giggle. This kid just adorable. 

"Thank you Sammy boy, I love you too" I'm smiling at him while I put him back to the ground. "Now go back to your friends!" 

I watch how he runs back to the others, and playing the main from some kind of morning cartoon. I love watching them when they're playing in the pre-school's garden. There's nothing more beautiful than a kid's pure and innocent soul. I sit down on a bench near to them. 

"They adore you" Rita, one of the other pre-school teachers sits next to me with a solid smile on her face. "I'm happy you came here to work. You are a big help in this school."

"Thank you so much Rita." 

After work I'll go to do the shopping and buy some new sweatpants for work. I like to be in comfortable clothes around children. When I get home to our tiny flat I start to pack out, and I see Jared is sleeping on the sofa. 

I met Jared when I was in my senior year in high school. He was a great football player, and he was smart enough to not fall out of university. I've always thought we are a match made in heaven, but last year everything's changed. When his father died in a car accident, he just couldn't accept it. He fell into depression, lost his job, and started to be paranoid. He still hasn't got a job, but I can't push him, we had a lot of arguments because of that. I love him and I have to support him.

"Hey, darling I'm home" I gently kiss his cheek to wake him up. "Jared I'm going to go to the book club I told you about. There's food in the fridge, and I'm home soon" he just nods half-asleep.  

I take a big breath in the car, and drive to that small bookshop, where this club is. I heard about them when I showed there some colouring books for the children, and I wanted to join a community. I feel like a really need friends here, because sometimes I really feel lonely in this big city, where we moved a few months ago. 

When I open the door lot of eyes start to staring me, I even blush a little. There is one woman in the middle, she's around the end of her 40's. She has long curly hair, and chocolate brown skin with black eyes. I recognize her, she was the shop-assistant when I bought the books.

"Oh, hello love. Please join us." she's smiling at me and point an empty seat between a young man and a teenage girl. 

"Thank you"

When I sit down I send looks to the other members. There's an old couple front of me they're maybe in there 60's. They look absolutely adorable with holding hands smiling. There's the girl on my right side, she's maybe 17. She has short black hair, a big, vintage glasses and some piercing in her ears. She looks badass I have to say. Next to her there's a Latino boy in my age, who has thick long hair and a moustache.  He has a really kind face. And last but not least the man who sits on my left side. He has a really slim figure, and as I can see from this sitting pose he's probably tall too. He has caramel colour eyes, and shoulder-length hair. I can describe well the colour of his hair, because he has blonde, light-brown, brown, caramel colours in it too. He's hair just amaze me. 

"Sweetheart, could you introduce yourself to us?" 

"Uhm, yes, excuse me. So my name is Emily Howard, and I'm a pre-school teacher. I moved here a few months ago, because of work. I've always loved reading so when I heard about this book club I wanted to try it. What should I say? I like every genre, but I love Russian realism the most." 

"Thank you, Emily, welcome here. I think we should do a name circle, so Emily can learn all the names. I'll start it My name is Lorelei"

"I'm Bert and this is my wife Victoria" says the man from the old couple. 

"My name is Javier, nice to meet you" he shakes my hand with a warm smile. I have to smile back, this Javier really feels like a kind person. 

"I'm Kelly" turns to me the teenage. 

"Nice to meet you Kelly" I smile at her and she starts to smile too. 

"My name is Michael" I turn to him and look in his caramel eyes. He has a weak smile on his face. "Welcome here" 

"I'm happy to be here"