Black And White Woods

Harry was heading back towards the common room when he stopped in his tracks. He stood still for a moment before turning around and heading back down the stairs.

It was after curfew but Harry couldn't bring himself to go back to bed.

The thrill of being out this late should have worn off many years ago but he still felt excitement bubble in his stomach like butterfly's as he crept down to the entrance hall.

Luckily no teachers seemed to be out in the hallways so Harry could easily slip out into the grounds and walk towards the forest.

He didn't know why he had decided to go outside but he just wanted to escape the school. He knew deep down he was slightly hoping to see Dragon again but he doubted that would happen.

Why would a wild wolf be waiting for him. It was honestly a stupid thought and Harry internally slapped himself for letting it pass through his mind.

He continued to walk along the edge of the forest, shuddering slightly as the cold wind wiped his messy hair around. He let his thoughts wander towards Draco and the love letters.

His secret admirer still hadn't sent a letter back and Harry was worried he had scared them off. He was also no closer to finding out who on earth could have a crush on him. He was used to some of the younger girls coming up to him and squealing but this felt different. The person writing this letters seemed to really really like Harry.

His thoughts where interrupted but the sound of something bounding up behind him. Harry spun around and reached for his wand but the animal had already pounced and pushed him to the ground.

He landed with a soft thud on the dewy grass and opened his eyes to see Dragon lying on top of him licking his face happily.

"Hey buddy, you scared me," Harry chuckled scratching the wolf behind the ear.

Dragon huffed in delight at Harry's affection and closed his eyes.

"I'm happy to see you though," Harry added and Dragon made a noise which Harry interpreted as a way of showing his happiness.

The wolf jumped off Harry and laid down on the ground as Harry sat up, leaning back on his elbows.

Dragon tilted his head to the side watching Harry who was staring off into the distance. He barked quietly to get the boy's attention.

Harry jumped and laughed at the wolf, "Sorry I just got a lot on my mind," he muttered and the wolf gave him what he assumed was a smile.

Harry couldn't help but ruffle the blonde fur on top of the wolf's head although in the light of the moon it looked more silver.

Suddenly Dragon jumped up startling Harry who fell backwards slightly.

He turned towards the castle and growled at something or someone Harry couldn't see.

"How's the late night walk going Hazza," a deep voice chuckled through the darkness and Harry instantly knew it was Sirius.

He strained his eyes to see his godfather walking towards him still oblivious to the wolf.

Dragon growled again and snarled his lips to reveal sharp teeth.

"Jesus what the fuck," Sirius yelled jumping back away from the wolf.

"It's fine Dragon," Harry said calmly and the wolf dropped his protective stance slightly but still stood in front of Harry.

"So who's this," Sirius asked looking between Harry and the wolf.

"Oh, a wolf I met on one of my walks, he can understand me and stuff but he can't talk back" Harry explained and Sirius tilted his head.

"Can you turn into a dog and try to talk to it," Harry suddenly exclaimed completely oblivious to the weird look Sirius was giving Dragon.

"Actually I think that's a great idea," Sirius agreed but before he could transform the wolf had whipped around and sprinted back towards the dark, deep forest.

"Guess he didn't like the sound of that," Sirius laughed but Harry looked confused.

"I don't get why he ran off, Dragon doesn't usually do stuff like that," Harry muttered with his mouth gaped open.

"You really called it Dragon," Sirius burst out, smirking at Harry.

"Yeah," Harry replies sheepishly hoping Sirius wouldn't figure out where the name came from.

"You know that basically means Draco," Sirius said with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, I didn't know that," Harry lied although Sirius saw right through him.

"Alright well before another teacher finds you, I would suggest getting back to bed unless you want to talk about something important," Sirius smiled softly.

"Nah I'm okay, I should probably get back," Harry said walking past Sirius.

"Wait," his godfather muttered as he pulled Harry into a hug, "Snape told me what he saw between you and Malfoy in the hallway, he didn't hurt you right," He whispered with a tone of protectiveness in his voice.

"Oh that, it's fine don't worry," Harry lied once again as he gave Sirius a squeeze before rushing off towards the castle.

What he didn't see was Sirius transforming into a dog and bounding off into the forest.

A/N I know this was short but I'll post the next chapter at the same time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this, make sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think.