⋆ ᴊɪᴍ ʜᴀᴡᴋɪɴꜱ

[ iv ]

[ iv ]

JIM HAWKINS ;

HE WAS FIDDLING WITH HIS HANDS AGAIN.

it seems as if he had been doing so for the past hour and-- maker help him-- he needs to think of something quick or else you'll be hauling ass to the other side of the ship.
"um," he mutters, "what i'm trying to say is--"
you take a step toward him and he's slipping into nervousness again; hand scratching the back of his neck. how do you always have this affect on him? jim likes to think of himself as a persistent guy, tall and tough, but one word or touch from you has him deflating like a balloon.
"-- uh, yeah, i want to tell you... how i feel about you,"
"how you feel about me?" you ask, looking to the side as you purse your lips in consideration.
is that a bad thing? are you doing that because you know where this is going and you don't want it to? oh no, he's messed up big time. he needs to reel it back before he embarrasses himself even more.
"no, actually, i--"
"how do you feel about me?"
oh. oh. you're asking him. that's got to be a good sign, right? especially as you're looking at him again.
"well, i feel... close to you. and you're about the only thing keeping me sane on this boat."
you chuckle and he lights up, suddenly gaining more confidence than he had when initiating this conversation.
"so," he smiles, "what i'm trying to say is that i like you. and i'd like to, uh, do something about it."
"oh?" you raise an eyebrow and laugh this time, stepping even closer to him, which gets his heart beat racing just as fast as he would on a solar surfer, "well, i definitely know what i'd like to do."
jim's eyes widen when you close in on him and press your lips against his. the feeling sends him melting almost as if he were morph, but he steadies himself with a hand on your shoulder and fluttering his eyes closed to kiss you back.
"i, uh," he starts when you pull back, his eyes barely opening, "that was nice."
"it was." you smile, "and if that wasn't clear enough, i like you too."

rb: DialDiva

a/n: my bad that this took so long! i hope you like it tho!