sherlock holmes ⋆ benedict [1]

imagine: sherlock being confused at his feelings for you when john points them out

"you're... smiling."
sherlock spins around, eyes his friend up and down, and then squints, "no, i'm not."
"yes, you are." john shifts on his feet, "you never smile. what's gotten into you?"
"i do smile occasionally, john."
"not in my experience you do."
sherlock sighs, turning back around to look out the window and instantly deflates. you're gone.
"what are you looking at?" john asks.
"nothing," sherlock closes the curtains shut, "absolutely nothing now, thank you."
"was it (y/n)?"
"what does it matter?" he flicks his robe behind him and sits down.
john watches him closely, "well, it matters because..." he squints at sherlock, tilting down with examination, making sherlock lean back and glare, "you like her."
"like her?" sherlock laughs, "trust me, john. i have no illwill toward (y/n) but i most certainly do not like her. she's too..."
"too what?"
"human. basic. she's not like me. she's too nice, too spotless, too comely."
"oh," john raises his eyebrows, stepping around the chair to sit down on it, grabbing a newspaper casually and flipping it open, "comely. that's a compliment."
sherlock huffs, swinging his leg over the other.
"she likes you too, you know?"
"what?"
john shrugs, "oh, i'm just saying that she likes you. you know, likes."
sherlock's brows twitch as he stares at his friend and the more he thinks of you liking him, the more he feels himself levitating.
"what is this? what have you done to me?" he suddenly says.
"done what?" john asks.
"make me feel... giddy."
"ah, now that's called love."
"love?!!"

⋆⋆⋆

GIF CREDIT: @/thelostsmiles on Tumblr.

Requested by: AliceStone1999