Chapter 10: Not A Ghost

--Jordan--

"What do you want from me?" I ask the masculine figure in the shadows. "Come into the light."

He refuses to respond, he just stays there. He's pulling off a 'Jonah' right now, and I hate it when people pull off a 'Jonah'.

"I said, come into the-" My strict tone gets cut off by the figure stepping into brightness.

I can't believe this, I never thought I'd see him again. I never thought I'd see the one person that took happiness away from me. The one person that made my mom and dad split up. If this is how the Andersons feel about Toby's return, then I don't want to team with Toby anymore.

"Jeremy?" I step back as he moves closer to me. I'm not scared of him, but I'm scared of ghosts, and right now there's one in front me.

He moves faster to my direction but I jump over the bed landing on the other side of the room.

"Jordan, I'm here." He says with the same soft voice he always had and surprisingly still does. "It's not a dream, I'm not a ghost."

"Yes...Ye-yes, you are!" I stammer my words, not even knowing what I said myself. "You died thr-thre-three years a-ago"

He reaches for me, but I get the vase on the dresser beside me and smash it into his forehead. I watch the blood drip to his lips. I use it as an opportunity to escape the dark dungeon. It's actually not, but I just wanted to...FOCUS!

I try opening the door but the nob is stuck. I check the distance from the window to the pavement outside, and I guess I know what I have to do now. 

"Jordan!" He yells my name. "Your gonna regret this."

"Am I?" I jump through the window, finding myself on the floor and a back pain that's going to last approximately for a week. I hear a door slam coming from his room. Hopefully, I know my way out of here.

I spot a bunch of trees which I think leads to a park, or maybe a forest. I run towards it but I get stopped halfway by an afflicting pain in my shoulder. I turn around to see my shirt stained with blood, and my knees fall on the ground. I stretch my left hand to my shoulder and a sting passes trough my skin.

"If you stayed," I hear his footsteps get louder. "None of this would've happened."

I tilt my head to see a pistol in his hand as he lifts me and assists me up to his apartment. He throws me on the couch where Toby happens to be standing in front of.

"I said cath him, not murder him." He squats in front of me and dresses my wound. For a serial killer, he does care sometimes. "We don't want our bait looking like he's been in a suicide mission.

I take back what I said about him being caring. "I'm sorry did you say bait?"

He stands straight and folds his arms. "What else should I call you?

"I'm sorry but I thought we were partners?" I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Jordan, you're the one that is going to lure the Andersons to us, what else should I call you." I part my lips but he says something that shuts it. "You're still our partner."

I'm sorry, did he just say our? As in, Jeremy, him and I?

"I should be in school." I stand up ignoring the pain.

"And I should be dead," Jeremy blocks the door, "but I'm not."

I sit back on the couch, watching the two devils stare at me. No one seems to say a thing, so I guess this is where my line comes in.

"What's the plan." I barely show any interest in my statement.

Toby walks around the room for a while. He stares at a picture I didn't notice. It contained the two people I hate the most. The two people that have made my life miserable so far.