"How's Rick?" Maggie asked.

Her father turned to her. "We haven't seemed him since he went to the tombs." He explained, sitting down tiredly.

"Does he know about Sam?" Glenn was the next to speak.

A frown twitched in Hershel's beard. "No, not yet."

Everyone that was at the farm and had reunited with one another on the highway knew what went down with Rick Grimes and Shane Walsh. They all seemed to share glances, knowing that the young woman who they found after eight long months's brother was dead, and it was because of the same man that led them through the winter.

They've seen Samantha's temper so they knew whatever was going to happen, she wouldn't take it so lightly that her brother had been killed by someone that the Walsh's were practically family to.

Hershel shifted to look at Carl, ending the tense silence. "Take your sister to your cell, please."

The boy nodded before delicately taking her baby sister from Daryl's arms, making his exit.

The whole group waited for Carl's departure before looking at one another with knowing eyes. Hershel was still frowning, his forehead shiny from the sweat and the blood on his clothes uncomfortable. "We need to talk about what happens when she's wake up." The farmer announced.

"We need to tell Rick before she does," Maggie spoke up next, her body leaning against her lover.

"She ain't gonna kill 'em," Daryl scoffed. "Rick had to do what he needed to do, and if she's smart she'll understand that."

"Losing a family member to someone you trust never has a good ending," Hershel's old, wise eyes gazed at the Dixon. "We know that her and Shane share similarities when it comes to their tempers."

"She ain't like Shane." Daryl grunted, his eyes rolling as he swiped his thumb on his bottom lip.

"We haven't seen her in months, we don't know if she's the same Sammy we know from the farm," Glenn had a deep frown. "She's my friend, but what's probably going to happen is going to suck."

"So, we don't tell her."

Daryl was in instant disagreement. "Nah, I got the truth about Merle, she deserves 'er truth too," He knew what it felt like. Both and Samantha's brothers were screwed by Rick, yet they also shared the rooted reasons that justified the cop's actions. "She'll probably just act like I did."

His words brought more silence to the survivors, contemplating how to handle the situation. The possible outcome was a weight over their shoulders that made it tense it lift up.

"Daryl, we understand but-"

"She ain't gonna kill anyone." Daryl snapped, throwing his crossbow over his shoulder and stepping out of the cafeteria.

He made it back to his cell block and heard the soft gurgles of the newborn, and he passed by and caught a glimpse of Carl smiling down at his baby sister. For a moment, Daryl remembered what he had said to the young boy about him being a good older brother, and if he didn't truly believe it then he did now.

He found himself stopping near the cell where Hershel told her to put her. There was bloody rags near the ancient looking beds, a pair of tweezers above them.

Daryl could see her.

Maggie was kind enough to lend Samantha one of her oversized shirts for when Hershel was done with his procedure to get the bullet out. It was long enough to a little above the knee, exposing her olive legs that was littered with flaws of the world's beatings to her.