thirty two.

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO,
cain and abel

   DARYL HAS ALWAYS been silent, an observer to the shadows and the outskirts of the room

DARYL HAS ALWAYS been silent, an observer to the shadows and the outskirts of the room. He was so used to just watching people and to world go on with their lives, never even knowing he existed.

He didn't mind. Daryl and the solitude had become best friends, the only friendship he had occurred all of his living life.

He noticed things first - it was a gift, and very much a curse. That's how he knew that Shane had killed Otis, that's how he knew about Lori and their affair.

That's how he knew that Samantha Walsh was far from being like her brother.

Daryl liked to watch her sometimes, as stalkerish as that sounded. He never observed her in the past, because back then he thought she was a brat. A stupid, reckless girl he would call her, and her brother was way worse.

So, he stayed in the obnoxious shadow of his brother, keeping his distance away from everyone else and especially her.

But what a story she has become, her plot twist even greater.

Daryl couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

She has you weak, brother! His poisonous laugher ringed in Daryl's head.

He learned to just ignore it, build up a barrier between him and Merle's taunting voice.

While Daryl was preparing to go drop off Randall, there she was. He didn't notice at first, but he definitely felt her stare. It made his neck hot, made the awkwardness creep in and so he turned.

She was staring at him with those pretty green eyes that reminded him of his favorite place.

"We really need ta get you a hobby," He muttered. "Always sneakin' up on people."

Samantha merely grinned. "You're my hobby," She stated. "How does it feel to finally be noticed by people?"

Daryl scoffed, but inside it did feel a little good. he felt good.

"Got more work shit to do now," Daryl grunted, loading up his arrows. "Your brother seems pissy about the whole thing."

The grin dropped from her face completely. Daryl wasn't stupid, he knew that Samantha was smart enough to see what was going on with Shane - but she stupidly ignored it because she loved him so much.

Where there's Shane, there's always Samantha, and in a way he could relate.

Where there was Merle, there was always Daryl. Now he was alone.

She rubbed her head, a gesture he's noticed that both the siblings shared.

"Go on, tell me I was right." Samantha pleaded.