"Oh, and thank you! For standing up for the uglydolls. I know we're not close with them, but.. I wanna stand up for them too! They seem really passionate about their dreams, Don't you think?" You smiled at your two friends.

Nolan smiled as he wrapped and arm around your shoulders while Mandy links her arms with yours. "Of course, that's the reason why I'm friends with you. I want to help you help others!" he said while Mandy nodding, laughing.

"Besides, those things are actually really cute and friendly" Mandy added. You bashfully smiled at them. "you guUuuYyss..!" You giggled and pretended to wipe a tear away with your finger. "I promise! We'll make it into the big world!" You said.

But saying that reminded you of something. What about Lou? Were you just gonna leave him here? Mandy noticed the look on her face and looked at you, frowninga big."What's wrong, (y/n)? You got something on your mind?" She asked you.

"I-i'm just worried about.. him." You forced a smile and rubbed your arm.

"It's just that.. he's been here for so long, it's almost like he's trapped." You looked at her "Right?!" You said a bit too willingly. A blush crept to your face, waiting for your friends' reassurance.

They both looked at you before they started to think. "Ya know...now that you mention it....Lou talks so much about the Big World but I honestly don't think he's ever been there himself." Mandy said.

Nolan thought. "Trapped here...? Hm, makes sense why he said that he worked ALL his life to get dolls to the big world..."he said, patting your back."You're right... But.. Who said he couldn't go? Since you've changed him, the institute has changed as well. Maybe we can rewrite the rules!"

Your eyes widened, and slowly nodded in agreement.

'that's possible..'

Biting your nails, the three of you decided to not push this conversation and finally arrived at the gauntlet. "Woah- it's huge!" You said and stepped forward trying not go break your head from looking all around you. There were already so many dolls sitting on the sides that surrounded of the stadium. Waiting for the arrival of Lou, probably.

Nolan looked around to until he lost his footing and fell on his back. Mandy looks at him, giggling a bit as she picks him up. "You're such a dork"she said as Nolan laughs softly. They then noticed the other dolls awaiting in line and Nolan tapped your shoulder. "Come (y/n)! Let's get in line." He said and pulled all three of you in line.

You smiled, peeking back at them. You saw the way those two smiled at each other. "Yeah, okay." You giggled a bit, with a hint of mischief in your tone while you shrugged your eyebrows at Nolan, teasing. Maybe you've been a bit oblivious of their growing relationship.

You got in line and leaned to your right and left once in a while, seeing if Lou had arrived. And after hearing dolls applause, you knew it's starting. An announcer voice then spoke through the speakers, "attention please. All gauntlet runners must immediately report to the starting area."

You tensed up, seeing a huge house lift from beneath the ground. Then you spot lou standing in front of it, his arms open and an excited smile on his face. "Are you ready for the gauntlet!???" Lou cheered to the audience which were now screaming and squealing. "You better be! Because today, we have a special guest!! OUR OWN VICE LEADER!!" You saw him reach out his left hand at your direction, then the spotlight immediately shone down on you.

The dolls clapped at the sight of you, the Spy Girls rolled their eyes while clapping very slowly with no interest whatsoever. Nolan and Mandy were both clapping proudly at you witha Sweet smile.

You take a deep breath in, everyone's expecting great things for you. You grinned and bowed at the crowd. "Apparently, she's not the only special participant. The UGLYDOLLS will join as well!" Lou shed the spotlight on them, smiling from ear to ear. "Thank you so much for giving us a chance, Lou!" A pink doll with a cute smile on her face said to Lou with enthusiasm.

Mandy smiled at the doll while Nolan's face softened. "Aw, you were right Mandy! They're so cute!" he said, smiling while Mandy giggled and nudged him. "Told ya"'she said before that looked at you and gave you a thumbs ups.

You nodded sharply at your two best friends and waited for Lou to start the gauntlet. But he began talking, "Now! You all might think the uglydolls don't have a chance to win, right? Well, I have made a conclusion. I will try to run the gauntlet. I will run it with them!"

'He will what!?'

"Surely, they will need my help, right?" He added.

'what- that's rude!-'

"I won't let you down." Lou said loudly towards the crowd, but his eyes were staring at yours. He then smiled before winking to you. You blushed, was he acting?

'What's this idiot up to now..? '

Mandy and Nolan shared s look between each other while the Spy Girls got into Lou's wink at you. They all glared at you while Nolan leaned over and whispered into your ear. "Remember about the plan me and Mandy made up with Lou? Just run the gauntlet normally and leave everything else to us." He said, "This time, we'll do the work. Since the spy girls will definitely target you and try to make you fail, we'll be on the side, targeting them. We're one step ahead."

'So Lou basically told me that I'll be needing his help, huh? Cocky bastard.' you smiled to yourself.

'I know you won't let me down.'

You smiled at him.

The first one up is you and your friends, the uglydolls, and Lou. After each of you has entered the huge structure, you warmed up and took a deep breath as you feel the ground lifting you up, like an elevator which is taking you to the most important test in your whole existence. Your heart beats fast, hoping that you'll do fine. "Don't worry, love. You'll pass." A voice called, pulling you out of your anxious trance. You sighed and smiled. "Lou, you don't need to tell me that. But- thanks." You said and he rolled his eyes and smiled.

Nolan nudged you playfully though it was clear he was also nervous beyond belief. Mandy held his hand in support to make him feel better while sending you a sweet smile.

The countdown then start to beep.