•Chapter 19•

Warning: cursing
.
.
.
It was another day at the Institution. The gauntlet was approaching some and You were excited but mostly nervous. It was a very big test and you were nervous that you Wouldn't pass and not go to the big world. "Its okay, I had some practice and such. It'll be okay." You told yourself, trying to stay positive.

Feeling as though she had failed to change the institute, but she hopes that Lou will continue her progress on changing the dolls' mindsets.

You realized how funny it is. The first time you had met Lou, you had some kind of rivalry between you two. And now you're entrusting everything of this institute to him. Knowing that you're going to leave to the big world soon.

You walked outside, smiling from the memories of the first day you walked through this very same plaza. And adding even more nostalgia, she looked back to see Nolan and Mandy walk up to her. "Hey! Today's the day!" Mandy said excitedly. "You'll do great." Nolan encouraged the two of you, but you could tell he was a bit nervous himself. "You will too, Nolan." You and Mandy said at the same time, before looking at each other and laughing.

All of the sudden, the three could hear dolls whispering behind them. Some about you but then most of them were about the new creatures that came, called Uglydolls. "Omg! Can you BELIEVE Lou actually let those HIDEOUS things run in the gauntlet?" Tuesday's voice could be heard.

"I know right? I'm usually fine with whatever Lou says but this time? I honestly can't believe what he was thinking! Those thing will never last at the start of the gauntlet!"Kitty said before all three started to laugh and the other dolls around them started laughing too.

You heard them, spinning your head towards the three girls.

'they haven't changed one bit..!'

You felt her anger grow and clenched your fists. You opened your mouth, about to confront them, but was cut off by Mandy yelling first. "Hey! Put yourselves in their shoes!" She said, "How could you say that?" Nolan mumbled.

The three girls looked at them and laughed. "Oh doll, please! How are they even gonna survive the first round? Those things will NEVER make it to the big world, that's a fact!" Lydia said.

The other dolls around them started laughing."But it makes sense why YOU two would stand up for them, I mean, look at yourself! You're JUST as ugly and as imperfect as they are!"Kitty said, the group bursting out laughing even more.

"You.. What was your name?" You asked and pointed at Kitty. You didn't actually forgot. You just wanted to give her a little taste of her own medicine. Making her seem like something inferior and not worth remembering. Sure, this might seem rude, but you've had enough.

Nolan and Mandy held in their laughter, knowing how you showed them how you didn't give a shit about them and their opinions.

Kitty glared at you while some dolls around them laughed a bit at what Y/N had said. Tuesday and Lydia glared at them while Kitty kept glaring at Y/N. She knew what you said was intentional.

"Well, if it isn't little, stupid Y/N. I suppose you're ready to fail the gauntlet today correct?"she said, checking her nails.

You completely ignored her and continued "Kitten, cat, or- whatever your name was.. Listen. Your little comments aren't impressive. Look around, in a few minutes they'll forget about you and your stupid 'jokes'. How bout' you try getting ur attentions some other way?" You lash out and walked away before stopping once more to say "Just watch. We'll win the gauntlet before you know it." Mandy and Nolan smiled and followed you.

The three of you then continued in your tracks wards the huge stadium of the gauntlet while talking. "Wow, (y/n). She must really be getting on your nerves to make you tell her off like that." Mandy giggled, and you laughed. "Yeah.. I haven't felt that angry since.. Lou and I's first interactions."