The Regretful Ruler

He was foolish.

He knew he was.

But the man couldn't bring his pride down.

----

"Father Father!!" Jennette excitedly ran towards Claude.

"What do you need Jennette?" Claude said looking at his 'daughter'

"Can I have the new diamonds to match with my outfits?" Jennette asked holding onto his arm.

"Sure." Claude replied.

Those were only the peaceful moments before disaster struck.

"Father! Wake up!" Jennette said with teary eyes.

"A-A-Argh!" He groaned in pain while pressing on his forehead tight.

"Jennette GET AWAY." Claude said emitting a black aura around his body.

❣︎

Did you hear? They say his majesty has been cursed.

No way. Then is Jennette gonna be the new ruler soon?

I hope not.

----

Did you hear? I heard his majesty is close to dying.

REALLY??

Yes, and do you know why our country has been getting worse.

No.

Princess Jennette is in charge of the empire right now. That's why our country is becoming poorer and poorer.

----

He couldn't admit to his mistake. He found out the country was in danger yet, he still wanted to make Jennette the ruler.

He did regret it.

But what's done must be done, the crown princess has already disappeared and now only Jennette was fit to rule.

Claude regretted his choice very much. If only his pride wasn't that high and maybe... He could've loved the forgotten princess like a true daughter. But his mistake couldn't be undue, as he is lying on the bed full of regrets.

As he was in his last strings, he wondered what would've happened if he loved the wenche's daughter. What was her name again?

Ah.

The Undying, Athanasia.

A name he was amused off yet still being felt insulted. If only he found out that Jennette was his brother's daughter earlier. Maybe fate would change. He wondered if Jennette would ever become a good ruler, but karma goes to bad people, as he found out on his last breath that Jennette made war with a country.

He had fallen into an eternal sleep, but his last question puzzled himself.

"What if I had cared for Athanasia?" Claude said with a mumble while his eyes turned into a dead man's.

----

Sorry guys I have been feeling very tired but I didn't want you guys to wait so I posted this chapter I hope you guys like it.

Also thanks for sammyathy

Tommorow i'll make it up to you guys by posting two or three chapters :D!