𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰

Start from the beginning

Bella stood frozen as she could still feel his kiss on her cheek as it linger throughout her skin. She was certainly not expecting him to do that as she soon felt the blush on her face. It wasn't uncommon for her to blush from time to time, but recently that's all she has been doing and Edward seemed to be the main reason for it.

Finally managing to get herself together, she slowly walk inside the girls locker room and quickly changed out of her regular outfit to her gym attire before heading towards the gymnasium.

Today they were playing racket ball which require a partner. Bella notice Mike practically skipping to Bella's side with two rackets in his hand.

"Do you want to be a team?" Bella was lucky that he was the same Mike since she technically rejected him.

"I'm starting to think you're only using me for my talents," Bella sarcastically says as she grab the racket from him.

"Well you are insanely good at any sports that we play. You would definitely be a game changer in any of our sports team here at school," Mike compliments her. It wouldn't be fair for the other students if she actually did decide to join a sports team.

Just like any other day, gym went good. Of course, their team won each game against the other teams. Mike was naturally athletic vs Bella who was quick with her reflexes. At the end of the period, Mike gave her a high five and nick name their duo team, 'The A team.'

"So..." Mike starts off.

"Hmmm?"

"You and Cullen, huh?" he asked. Bella could tell it bother him as she notice his disappointment.

"What about it?" she hesitantly ask him.

"It's just...I don't like it," he mumbles.

"I'm sorry you feel that way," she responded back, not actually feeling sorry.

Bella evidently waved at him before heading towards the locker room. She felt quite bother that Mike would say that to her. She understands why he would say that, but it was still something she didn't want to hear.

When she finished getting change she walk out of the locker room and she immediately saw Edward's tall stance leaning against the wall. His breathtaking face was at ease once he saw her.

"Hi," she greets him.

"Hello," he smiles at her, showing his bright teeth. "How was gym?"

Bella saw Edward's eyes make an irritable look as he look over her shoulder. She turn to see what he was looking at, more like whom he was looking. She saw the back of Mike's head as he was walking away from the gym.

"What is it?" Bella curiously ask as she turn back around.

His tight eyes went back to her, "Newton's getting on my nerves," he annoyedly admits.

"Were you listening to us?" Bella narrows her eyes at him.

"You're really good at racket ball," he innocently says.

Bella shook her head in disbelief as she turns to leave the gym. She wasn't mad or anything she was just slightly annoyed that he would listen into her conversation and use Mike's mind to watch her play.

Edward kept up with her easily, "I was curious to see how you were in P.E. Newton's right for once in his life."

"About what?" They've now reach the parking lot.

"You would dominate any sports team. You look really effortless when you play."

Bella only nodded, not wanting to continue the conversation. Thankfully, Edward didn't push it any further but he did notice her hesitance.