Chapter 24 : Not for long

When the chopper disappeared into the horizon I shoved my hands into the pocket of my pants and walked back into the cabin. I can only hear the metals of my military dog tags clicking against one another as I placed my hand on the door knob and turned the door open. Nobody knows what happened on that day, except the President, the DNI, Ryan and Andy. The room was awkwardly silent, after they played witness to the interrogation. Wearing my military dog tags came back as a hobby. I have my own dog tag in the South Korean military but I kept it hidden in my bedroom. Entering the room President Reagan looked at me before I sat down. 

Except Ryan everybody looked at me in disbelief. Ryan knows me more than them because I worked for him in the FBI and therefore, has a first hand experience in my interrogation methods. Even Bruce was studying me right now, he used intimidation tactics as Batman during interrogations but he had no idea about mine despite knowing that I was former FBI. My uncles expressions' froze while President Kang's jaw dropped wide open. Brian, who also witnessed my interrogation first hand, showed a slight feeling of disbelief even though he knows. Most of them showed disbelief but some has another reactions mixed within. Secretary Mattis has a smile on his face while Dominic was nodding, I guess, in a sense of admiration. "The boys at boot camp could use a trainer like you Lieutenant Reagan." Mattis said.

"Who knew that Doctor Reagan can be an intimidating female." Jacobson said and Kaitlyn glanced at him. "No pun intended." 

"No wonder they called on her back in the desert. She's a freaking good interrogator." Dominic, who have been deployed to Syria with me, said.

"We could use an interrogator like her." President Romanov said with a chuckle. "Your tactics has expired Sharapov." his aide nodded in agreement. 

"We have news from the Pentagon sir. About the source of the plutonium." Mattis reported. "The Pentagon reported a break-in at a plutonium production facility in Texas."

"When was it?"

"It was during the Wintergreen presidency sir. He threatened the Pentagon to sweep this under the rug."

"What?" President Reagan asked. "He has no right to do that."

"You forgot something Mr. President." the secretary said. "I'm sure that you're familiar with the general named Mark Davidson?"

"That bastard?" he replied. "Heard the name but not in person. Ryan probably knows."

"I heard the name, Isabella did the diggings."

"Yes, Ryan called it Operation Military Strike."

"The op's objective is to investigate Wintergreen but not too public. Harkavy authorized the investigation and a group of analysts are assembled to investigate the high-ranking officials who we suspected to be corrupt in nature." Ryan explained. "Secretary Mattis also involved himself in this op, he was Winter Fox." 

"Gerald helped in exposing him as the wretch soul of a man who sank too deep into the lust for power." the veteran general said. "This is a secret facility sir. With no oversight from the NRC, because he disguised it as an oil drilling facility."

"Texas..." I muttered. Luckily the delegates signed off as we are going to discuss intelligence too important for them to hear. "Timothy? I need you to-"

"I got it already. Oliver was sensitive about it." the Secret Service agent came in with a laptop bag and gave it to me. Taking out the laptop inside I propped it up.

"Athena's in action already." Mattis said with a smile. He knows about the laptop, as he was present with the President in the Situation Room when I was kidnapped along with Dominic by The Rising Jihad. 

"The name?" I said.

"Dynamic Corps." Mattis said. "Our boys in the Pentagon linked the Codex to the satellite."

"You don't have to actually." I said. "The moment you enter Athena, she's already linked to the satellite automatically."

"Mattis, update on Operation Sparrow Raid." President Reagan said. "We have no time to waste. The agents could be assassinating someone in the government already."

"We have an address. 15th Avenue, NYC."

"Send the JTTF in."

"Already done sir. We have live footage coming in from the drone."

"Keep working on it."

"We need your authorization sir."

"As soon as the Vice President's-"

"Done." I said. "My tracking algorithm have the address now. The place is still active, Houston. Look for the building in the city's financial district, blue in color and the logo in red. Mining site's in the deserts of the Dallas outskirts."

"Okay, commence Operation Patriot." the President ordered. "Let's play witness."