Chapter 1

Damien

"Dami, wake up or you'll be late for school." My mom yelled.

I groaned as I rolled off the bed. As a sixteen year old I need rest. I've been training a lot as it was soccer season.

"Damien, I'm not gonna call again." Mom yelled from downstairs.

I walked downstairs and sat at the table.

"Finally, you're awake." Mom smiled as she placed my breakfast in front of me.

Dad came downstairs in a hurry with his suitcases. He's going to Italy for a week.

"Daddy, do you have to go?" Amelia whispered.

"Yes sweetheart, I do."

"But I want you to stay." She whined. Out of all of us, Amelia spent the most time with Dad. They played a lot together. She is quite the spoilt nine year old but in a good way.

He put down his suitcases and scooped her into his arms.

"Amelia, I'll be back before you know it. I have a surprise for you when I get back."

"A surprise?" Her eyes gleamed.

"Yes, so will you be patient and wait for me?" She paused for a moment and then nodded.

"Good girl." He kissed her forehead.

"Where's Christian?" He questioned.

"He's still asleep." Mom chuckled and Dad shook his head. Christian is the laziest of us all.

"Aren't you gonna eat honey?" Mom asked.

"I can't, just pack something for me to go." He answered and she nodded.

"Need some help Dad?" I offered.

"Thank you Damien." He smiled while I helped him carry his suitcases to the cab that was waiting for him.

"I'm sorry that I won't be here for your game." He frowned.

"It's okay, I understand."

"I know this means a lot to you. I'm sure you'll do your best." He pulled me into a hug which took me by surprise.

"Thanks Dad."

"Here you go Vincy." Mom said as she gave him a bag with his breakfast.

Thank you baby." He kissed her. Jeez, they are always like this.

I made my way back inside and finished my breakfast.

I brushed my teeth, took a shower and got dressed for school.

Soon enough, we were in the car as mom drove us to school.

"So, your driver's license exam is Thursday. " Mom stated and I nodded.

"You're gonna fail." Christian mocked.

"Shut up, you idiot." I yelled.

"You're the idiot that can't drive. Remember when you crashed the car." He nagged.

"That was a one time thing and there was barely even a scratch." I defended.

"Enough!" Mom said sternly and we stayed quiet.

"You two need to get along and stop bickering all the time." She added.

"Soon enough I'll have my car and I won't have to be around him." I muttered and mom sighed. This is how it is most mornings, me arguing with my eleven year old brother.

I arrived at school and went to my friends. Our group consisted of the 4 of us.

"Hey man." Phillip greeted.