Chapter 1

He sat down at the table and let the coldness of the seat attack his legs. His brown hair was almost too long to be called short as he wrapped it around his fingers, and he glared up at the woman sitting opposite him.

“What the fuck do you want?” Annie asked, looking up from twisting her ring on her finger.

Eren grinned and propped his head up with his elbows “nothin’, just bored”

She looked back at her hand and twisted her ring again “Go away, then”

He spun on the prison-like seat, having it come to an abrupt stop when it couldn't anymore and he turned the other way until the same thing happened. A small squeak happened each time he turned, and he was pretty sure some other kids which were sitting near him were thinking of beating him up again.

The room was stuffy, probably with the tension that was coming from Annie’s eyes and whoever else wanted to make him stop the turning and noise, but then the fact of that there were no windows allowed to be open and the sun was shining into his eyes.

Half of the kids here were in for anger problems, and Eren could relate, while some were in for other things like schizophrenia or scuicide attempts. He’d only been here for a few weeks, but he practically knew who and who not to mess with and for what reasons. Not saying that he doesn't mess with people he shouldn't, his anger issues can be blamed for that, but he ends up getting his ass beat at least twice a week.

“I fucking hate it here!” He groaned, no letting his head rest in his arms “I don't need to be in a mental hospital”

He looked up at Annie, who kept her gaze at her twisting ring but did look up after a moment or so. They stared at each other until she looked back at her ring.

“Historia said you almost broke Jean’s nose”

“Not my fault” The boy defended, holding up his hands as if he was being aimed at “He stuck his stupid horse face into my face”

“Whatever”

He had stopped turning in his seat, instead began to watch as the nurses walked around, entering and exiting Annie’s room. Her belongings sat outside, waiting to be collected by family members or taken out by her herself. Every week someone left or someone joined, and Eren was half expecting to go actual crazy if he wasn't let out soon. So many people who think they could beat him up because he was the skinny, hot headed kid; they were right, they could, but Eren would end up causing a large scene in the middle of the day where multiple nurses had to come and break it up.

It was free time at the moment, the best time of the day (other than breakfast), and Eren had no idea what the hell to do. He could read a book but books are boring; he was never actually one for books. Anyway, most of them are those cheap, girly slumber party ones which he was quite certain that only the girliest of girls would read. No chance Eren would ever pick one of those up.

The days were the same, starting with breakfast, then checkups, then therapy, then lunch, then activities, then free time, then group talking, then lunch, and then if you were lucky then you could go outside with the nurses for a walk around the hospital. He always went on those, it felt like freedom to what was now his life. That was something he always wondered about. Why was freedom such a big thing to him? Everyone would say he never liked being cooped up within his house and ever since his friend, Armin, introduced him to stories about explorers he’d always wanted to become one or something similar. He wanted to explore more of the world, but he ended up here in a mental hospital, stuck in his own head with all this anger which he couldn't seem to get rid of.

The days merged into one after a few nights in the hospital, nothing really changed, so he was excited to see what happens when Annie leaves. If she leaves then half his day activities would be missing. His buddy which he would often fight with wouldn't be there, then maybe he could finally leave, once the nurses realise that he doesn't have any anger issues and it's just other people.