Part 3: The Execution of the Order

Disclaimer- most of what happens in this particular episode was used from the comic book "Kanan:the last padawan issue 1 and 2" I don't own the rights to that story, I only used it for inspirational purposes.

The battle of Kaller was definitely nothing to sneeze at. So many droids firing and blasters going off, I was surprised we were surviving like we are even with being ambushed. I've never encountered a battle like this but that's because this is my first battle out of the academy.

But what was even more mesmerizing than looking at battles while being trained on Kamino, was watching an actual Jedi master in action. Focusing on the battle, looking after my fellow troopers, all while watching the Jedi fight using the force. It was definitely intriguing and a bit distracting at times but it was awesome to watch in person.

How Billaba and Caleb would jump around with their light sabers and chop those droids in half or when they deflected the droid's blaster shots back at them with ease. I wanted to think that it takes years and years of training but Caleb was holding his own also next to his Master. Even as a padawan you can see the skill, determination, concentration and focus that this young boy has. But also you can tell that he has some anger towards the separatist with the expression on his face each time he would toss a droid or slice them with his light saber. His master was always there to make sure he never got out of control on the battlefield.

Make no mistake, us clone troopers were holding our own also. Seeing commander Grey handle those droids and protect those in his squadron was spectacular. Superb placement of grenades, near pinpoint accuracy with his blaster and his amazing skill at strategizing on the fly was something to look up to. Him and Captain Styles were like a dynamic duo on the battlefield and definitely kept the morale high for me and the other clone troopers.

We were making progress towards the big tower. It felt like we were fighting for days. With the multiple suns and moons on this planet, time worked a bit differently than usual. But we never lost focus on our goal and mission. Take down Kleeve and his scum buckets and help the Kallerans on Kaller at all cost.

"Remember the basics Caleb Dume, assume a defensive pose form three." Billaba says.

"Yes Master," Caleb responds.

Their coordination with each other makes it seem like they've done plenty of battles together. But Caleb told me that this was his first battle with his Master. Could've fooled me with how great they are against these droids.

"Captain Styles, have your men take the left flank!"

"Yes general," Styles responds to Billaba as his squad moves into position.

"Commander Grey, the right!"

"Roger that" Grey says to which I follow orders and prepare for our planned assault to finish this battle.

"Time to end this. ALL FORCES ATTACK!"

With Billaba's battle cry, we all yell with determination to end this battle and gain a win for the republic.