Raven That Smells Like Wildflowers

Comenzar desde el principio

"Brother. Please, come back to us. Punish me instead. So, please come back. Please." I close my eyes unable to bear this.

Then I felt him shake in my palms. He was crying too. No. Please don't.

I slightly leaned away from his face and slowly opened my eyes to look at his face. Tears streaked his face. His face showed signs of his struggles. He was struggling to shift back. He had gone a long time without shifting into his human. And now he couldn't even if he wanted to.

Then my heart shattered into pieces as I cried out loud. I broke him too. I was too late once again. Oh, dear goddess, what have I done?

The thunder outside grew even louder as it rained more heavily as if it wanted to destroy the very earth. As if it wanted to shatter it so it will submit and give her back. As impossible as it sounds, I wanted it to come true. So, I prayed to the deity up there. For anyone to hear my plea. The plea of a sinner that wanted redemption. Let me be the one that you take instead. I'll live a life of suffering if I have to. So please, bring her back. Save my brother's soul.

Please.

I shut my eyes close as I kept praying, waiting for a miracle.

Just then, I smelled it. This scent. I open my eyes wide to look into his equally dark eyes wide with shock. I let go of his face and I turned my head around to take in the hall once again which now bloomed with the white wildflowers like that day. The entire hall was filled with it.

It bloomed beautifully as the heavenly scent roamed the air around us. My heart was beating rapidly as I tried to think of the meaning behind all this. What I hoped for it to be. I looked back to him whose eyes were already staring at the ground that now heavily bloomed with the wildflowers. Even more than the entire hall.

I saw him slowly extend his hands towards the bundle of flowers. His touch was gentle even though his hands were that of a Lycan now. And as soon as his hands touched its petals, it shied away. It melted away within the vines as the vines too started to recoil itself.

I sat frozen in my place as I watched the ground in front of us bared itself to us like the day we found her in the park. The only difference was that in the park, the vines uncoiled to reveal her but now there was nothing underneath it but the marble tiles. And with that whatever hope I had, it died along with it. My heart shattered again as the Lycan beside me howled in another agony of loss.

All I could do now was watch as he bent his head on the empty floor as he poured his tears, soaking the marble. The sky outside cracked with loud thunders as I froze feeling numb. I had no more tears in me to shed. My heart was broken beyond repair. The goddess had abandoned me. She had rejected my pleas and destroyed my hope. Even the goddess refused my chance at redemption.

I watched the Lycan as he struck the ground with his fists. The Lycan begged for it to give her back but she refused to. Soon the ground formed a pool of red as blood flowed from his busted knuckles. But I didn't stop him. I couldn't. I had no rights to.

But as the puddle of blood got wider, the ground soaked it dry, not even leaving a trace of it. The Lycan froze, his hand in the air, ready to once again strike the land. Every ounce of blood that dripped from his knuckles, it seemed as if the earth was drinking it. His blood.

Then the marble floor started to sink like a swamp. The smell became so strong. I would know that smell anywhere. It was hers. The scent of the Raven. The Raven who smells like wildflower.

My heart started to beat again with hope as the ground started to clear around, revealing a body.

The body of Raven herself lifted off the ground along with it as she laid on it. Her body very bare, her eyes closed to us as she slept with drops of blood on her forehead that dripped to either sides. His blood. It was as if his blood was her calling. As if she needed it to awaken from her slumber.

Then my eyes fell on her neck. The piece that was once missing was now filled with green. Half her neck from her head to her shoulder was connected by the green flesh. The earth had healed her.

A sigh of relief washed over me as I slowly understood why the earth swallowed her. It was trying to heal her. It was healing her body. And it had.

I saw the Lycan slowly feel her face, making sure she was very much real. And she was real indeed. He gently picked her up and placed her in his arms, tightly engulfing her body to his own and he placed his head on her neck as he inhaled her.

I took my jacket off, leaving my own body very bare and leaned towards him to cover her body. The deep growl stopped me. He slightly raised his head up to bare his canines at me. I know he would not let anyone near her. Not right now.

I raised the jacket higher in front of him to let him know that I had no intention of taking her away from him. When he stopped giving me that murderous look, I leaned forward again and placed my jacket on top of her.

I gave him a soft smile as I raised myself off the ground. "Goodbye, my brother." I whispered for only him to hear. Then I turned away from him. And walked down the podium.

I met Elias and Aya halfway out the door as I smiled at them too. My goodbye.

I continued my way out the door without looking back to see him. To see what he looked like. The goddess had heard my prayers and now it was my turn to keep my promise to her.

My heart was finally at peace as I walked away from them. Thank you, goddess, for bringing her to us. To him. Thank you for hearing my plea. Thank you. For saving me of my sins.

I walked with my head held high and my back straight. My face now, clear of any signs of tears but I cannot say the same about my eyes that still stung. I let out a deep breath as I willed my legs to keep moving as I walked out the door but not before I heard the same deep rumble that came out of the same Lycan right outside the door. A shiver ran past my now very bare shoulders as I walked away from him. His addicting scent. My Lycan. My mate.

I walked away. Again.