♫ twenty-seven ♫

then, a knock came at the door. "not now, mom! ", Mike shouted louder.

"Mike, open the door", Nancy said, making Will and Lucas open the door while el, Max and Mike confronted Kate.

the door showed a concern Nancy and Jonathan and Will and Lucas let them in and Kate rushed to grab a paper, a pencil and some coloring pencils.

Nancy knew Kate because she was Mike's girlfriend and their friend while Jonathan knew her cause of Nancy and Will.

"it was the same thing... the exact same thing that happened to Will last year and look at this", Nancy grabbed her notepad.

"look at the body temperatures", Nancy pointed out the temperatures. "she likes it cold", Will said.

"ok, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer-", Mike said, making Nancy sigh. "Mrs. Driscoll".

"right, yeah, Mrs. Driscoll", Mike corrected. "what time was this attack? ". "last night", Nancy said.

"she was attacked the same time Billy was", Kate said as she continued drawing. "well, what time specifically? ", Mike asked.

"Doris was attacked at 9 and so was Billy. Nancy's theory is correct", Kate said.

"she's flayed, just like Billy", Mike pointed out.

"flayed? ", Jonathan asked. "the Mind Flayer. it takes control over people's mind", Mike explained.

"once they do that, they basically become him", Mike continued. "just like Tom Holloway, the guy that works in Hawkins Post", Kate said.

"wait, what did you say about Hawkins Post? ", Jonathan asked. "Tom Holloway is also flayed", Kate said.

"how are we sure? ", Will asked. "it tells me", Kate stopped drawing. "tells you? ", Mike asked.

"yes, that's why it wants to kill me. something is trying to help me defeat it", Kate said as she did some final touches to her drawing.

"well, how many are flayed? ", Lucas asked. "Billy, Heather, Tom, Janet, Doris and a lot more", Kate looked at them.

"Heather who? ", Nancy asked. "Heather Holloway, Tom Holloway-", Kate said.

"Tom", Nancy and Jonathan looked at each other. "Billy's death", Kate showed the paper to everyone.

"her drawing looks so real. almost if she took a picture", Nancy mumbled.

 almost if she took a picture", Nancy mumbled

"it does look so real", Max said. "we have to go to Tom", Nancy said.

Nancy folded the drawing and put it in her bag, following the rest as they went outside.

everyone hopped in and Mike and Will were the 2 last, forcing themselves to sit at the very back.

"seriously? ", Mike complained. "welcome to my world", Will said sarcastically.

"seatbelts", Nancy said as she tied her hair. everyone put their seatbelts on and Nancy started driving.

--------------------------

the kids and the teens arrived at the Holloway resident and Kate hopped out immediately.

"they're not here", Kate opened the door with a key that she whipped out of her hand.

she opened the door and everyone flooded in. "why isn't anyone here? ", Nancy asked.

"it's freezing too", Max pointed out. "more chemicals", Kate said. "what happened? ", Lucas asked.

"I can find out what happened", Kate said as she closed her eyes. everyone watched her as she went to the table and took a wine bottle.

"Janet didn't feel so good and wanted to rest. she stood up and fell halfway, making tom rush to her", she went to the place where blood was stained on the carpet.

"but then", she re-enacted Heather swinging the wine bottle at Tom, making him fall.

"Tom tried escaping but Billy stopped him with some kind of medicine to make him sleep", Kate dropped the wine bottle and went to the ruffled carpet.

"Billy and Heather dragged the 2 Holloways to the garage and tied them up and drove to... somewhere? a place? an old building or something? I can't see", Kate said as she opened her eyes.

"well, where was the wound on Tom? ", Nancy asked. "the same spot he put a bandage", Kate said as she looked at the teens and kids.

"what do you mean you can't see where they went? ", Mike asked. "the time has run out for me in there and the location is pretty far from where we are right now", Kate shrugged.

"how about those chemicals? why do they need them? ", Jonathan pointed. "well, that.. I don't know the reason but they're using this shit, not for cleaning but for themselves", Kate scratched the back of her head, making them nod.

"if we find the source, maybe we can stop them", Nancy said. "or at least stop it from spreading or doing whatever he's doing with those chemicals".

"Mrs. Driscoll. if she wants to go back so badly, why don't we let her? ", Will said, making everyone nod.