Chapter 21 - Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

My eyes scanned the people in the car, and I couldn't help but notice that he was missing. My heart sank a little, and then I chastised myself for thinking for a second that he would be here. He probably had better things to do anyways.

Avery must've been reading my mind because she smirked. "Don't worry, hun, Will promised he would meet us there on time." Then lowering her voice, she whispered, "I said I would beat the shit out of him if he didn't go." I leaned a little on my toes so that my hair would slip in front of my face as I suppressed a smile. That was Avery, always the thoughtful one.

Justin broke in and gave me his famous smirk. "Well, are you getting in or not? I mean, yeah, I know this is your party and all, but we're not afraid to leave you." He grinned a lopsided smile, showing off his one and only dimple.

I was just about to get in when I noticed just exactly how crowded the car was. The space was literally filled to the point where it was practically impossible to get in without stepping on anybody's limbs. Jordan was sitting in the backseat's middle seat next to Brandon who sat on the left, and on his right, Grant, Justin's brother, sat next to him. In the middle seats, Kale sat to the left while Justin who was waiting for me to get in sat to the right. Louis was riding shotgun with Avery at the wheel. And in the space between the two middle seats, Chance laid on the ground.

I raised my eyebrows and Justin must've saw, because he rushed to explain. "He kinda got claustrophobic and car sick so he decided to lie down over there." Chance groaned in response from the floor.

I nodded, pretending I understood why they didn't just take two cars. Justin leaned down from his seat and patted Chance's disheveled mousy brown hair which was already sticking up in different directions. "Don't worry, buddy, it's okay. You can always puke in Avery's car if worse comes to worse. She won't mind, will you, Avery?" he winked at Avery who turned around and glared.

"I will literally stab you and make you lick this car clean if you do that." she announced loudly.

"Shut up," Chance mumbled and rolled over onto his side.

"You'll be fine, Chance. Don't listen to her." Louis comforted him from the passenger seat, turning around to reassure Chance.

The next few seconds happened in a blur. Justin got up from his seat and offered it to me while he called sitting on Grant's lap. As he sat down, Grant wrapped his arms around Justin's waist and whispered something in a low voice, trying to be funny. Justin just laughed in response and announced that Darth Vader was trying to seduce him.

"Why don't you just kill him with your glowy wand thingy then?" Avery asked, turning up the radio's volume. Rock music blasted out of the speakers. The lead singer screamed something that I didn't understand.

"One, it is not a 'glowy wand thingy.' It's a lightsaber. Two, I lost it." Justin sounded highly offended and bounced on Grant's lap, earning himself a grunt and a punch on the arm.

The rest of the ride to wherever Avery was driving to was like the inside of a club. It was literally a party inside her car. With the music blasting so loudly, everyone was shouting over each other to be heard. The windows were rolled down, and at the speed Avery was driving, the wind kicked into the car in a rush and somehow made me lose my hair tie. My hair rushed into my face and blew around my head as Chance just groaned louder and told us to shut up unless we wanted him to throw up.

My eyes scanned the scenery as it passed by, trying to figure out where this secret location Avery was taking us to was, but I didn't recognize a single street name. To be honest, I didn't even remember seeing any street signs and I couldn't remember the last time I saw a car in our lane. Or any cars in particular.