Chapter 26 - A Taste Of Your Own Medicine

Will's POV

"Will!" Natalie yelled. "I need you!"

I sighed and got up from my chair to go help her, dropping the book that I was reading onto the desk.

"Where are you?" I yelled back as I wandered aimlessly around in the house to try to pinpoint where her voice was coming from. I checked in the guest room, but she wasn't there. I checked the kitchen as well, thinking maybe she was trying to cook something and needed help, but she wasn't there either. I was just about to leave when I turned the corner and ran into the table, knocking over a pile of folders.

I cursed under my breath and bent down to pick them up, sticking random sheets of paper into the folders closest to them. I was almost finished cleaning up my mess when I noticed a single sheet of paper sticking out of the folder. Even from where I stood, I could see my name in the corner written in neat black ink. Will Millard. Out of curiosity, I pulled the paper out and stared at it. Will Millard. I read again. I didn't have to read it to know that this was the file Dr. Joseph had on me at therapy. But why did she have it and how did she get it?

"Will!" Natalie yelled again, sounding impatient this time. Her voice was followed by a retching sound.

I stuck the piece of paper back into the folder it came from, or the one I thought it did, and quickly went through the other files next to it.

"I'm coming!" I responded back.

The first one I opened up didn't have anything extraordinary that caught my eye, only meaningless pages of notes. But the second I opened the second file, I saw her name splattered across the page in multiple different spots.

Kaylee Harrison.

A rush of anger took over me. Kaylee... How the hell did she know about Kaylee? Why did she have her freaking file? These were Kaylee's secrets and she had no right to steal them and read them. I picked up the folder and this time, a package fell out. Without looking at them, I stuck them back into the folder. Just by touching the package, I knew there were pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.

Before I could stop myself, I threw open the bathroom door and slammed the folder down on the floor, sending the pages scattering everywhere. Some of the pages flew into the filled bathtub, drowning the words that were written on it. It didn't matter though. Knowing Natalie, she had probably already devoured every word written on those pages like a good mystery novel.

I pointed an accusing finger at her. "What the hell is this?"

She stared blankly at me, still half-hovering over the toilet. Her blonde hair looked knotted and several strands were hanging around her face from her ponytail.

She took her time wiping her mouth on the back of her hand before responding in a monotone voice. "I thought I told you not to touch my stuff."

That was the last straw. My hand swooped across the bathroom countertop throwing multiple things to the floor. Natalie jumped from where she sat, looking at me with wide eyes.

I couldn't think straight. To be honest, I couldn't even see straight. Anger clouded my eyes as I shook my head at her. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yelled. "You broke into his office and stole his fucking notes?" I honestly didn't care that she had read my file. I never told him anything worth hiding, but I had no idea whether or not Kaylee had done the same or not. But I was betting the latter.

She shrugged. "Tell him to lock up his drawers then."

I was seething, but she just waved away my worry halfheartedly. "Don't worry, these are just copies. If you're worried about me getting caught, don't." Worrying about her was the last thing on my mind. What I did worry about, was what she now knew from reading those pages.