Chapter 9 - Old Love

Kaylee's POV

I stepped into the coffee shop with Chance in the lead and Avery groaning behind me. As soon as I stepped foot into the shop, a burst of sweet cinnamon and hot chocolate hit me in the face, engulfing me in its warmth.

Chance then turned around and smiled, opening his arms wide open, gesturing around the place.

"This is the place," he grinned. I smiled at his cuteness of being in this coffee shop and glanced around the shop for an open seat, as it seemed like the shop was already mostly filled, and it had just barely opened a hour ago, because Chance had dragged Avery and me up to get here early, making Avery slightly unhappy. Spotting a seat near the back, I started to make my way over before Chance grabbed my arm gently and stopped me.

"Nope," I raised my eyebrows at him. "We have a special reservation someplace else."

Five minutes later, we were all sitting on the ground with a cup of warm coffee pressed in our hands behind the ordering counter, our backs pressed to the display of pastries they offered.

Avery groaned. "You clearly do not know what a special reservation is."

"Wait for it," he was smiling ear to ear, and I wondered what we were waiting for, and if we should be scared.

Suddenly, a body settled next to me and I jumped in my skin slightly, not expecting anymore company to join us on the floor.

I turned my head and found a boy in the waiter uniform sitting beside me.

"Hey," he smiled and drank from his cup, too. I nodded and returned his smile, wishing for once I could say 'hey' back because he was absolutely beautiful. Glancing him up and down, I almost would've laughed, because from the description of this 'Louis', Chance told us about, this was the boy we were looking for. I guess this was our special surprise.

When I turned back to look at Avery to see if she knew him as well, she was staring off into space, and by the time I turned back around, Chance had switched from sitting beside Avery to sitting beside the cute brunette.

"Louis!" I couldn't decide if that counted as squealing or what. Chance gestured at me and I stopped deciding. "So this is Kaylee Harrison, and she's the quiet, but perfect girl." He winked at me because he knew how much I hated that word 'mute'. And I was already happy enough that this Louis wasn't questioning anything, maybe because Chance had already explained me to him, seeing they were already this cozy.

Now my eyes flickered to his hair, and true to what Chance said about it sticking in every direction possible, fell slightly above his eye, and my heart died just a little for Chance. No wonder he was so hyper last night, doing jumping jacks a million times, and attempting at sit-ups. He didn't get very far though. Actually, I don't think he ever started. My mind was playing tricks on me.

Louis turned to me and a smirk was written on every twinkle of his eye and I blushed, not because I had done anything embarrassing or heard anything about myself, but because there were quite a lot of twinkles in his eyes. Oh my god, Kaylee, shut up. I made a mental note to myself to stop talking to myself or I would have to get that checked out.

"So how are you and Will? Getting cozy much?"

He knew? He knew! I blushed out of the way he said it this time and I whipped my pad out and scribbled messily: You know?

He smirked again and laughed. "There's not much about Will that I don't know about." Louis then put his hand out and I raised my eyebrows in question. "Hand me your phone." He said simply.

I pulled mine out of my back pocket awkwardly and handed it over to him. After a few seconds of typing, he handed it back to me, and in colorful letterings read: Siuol: 78466556712