Part Fifteen

Sian's Pov

   A wave of relief flows through me at the thought of Ian and I talking again. Well, i was a little harsh against him. The feeling is suddenly removed as my mind focuses on Alice, and panic takes it's place in an instant. She could barely string two words together on the phone to me, breathing deep and rough, her sobbing breaking through. I swear down if Adam has hurt her in anyway i will kill him, no matter what anyone says or the consequences that will follow my actions. I pick up the pace and sprint up the steps, skipping on every so often. 

    I run down the corridor and come to a stop outside Alice's bedroom. From inside, her cries and sobs reach my ears. I knock on the door quietly and whisper her name.

   "Alice?" I repeat.

    "Come... in" Alice's muffled voice calls. I push open the door to find her sat on the edge of her bed, elbows on her knees, face in hands. The disgusting smell of vomit reaches my nostrils but I hold back my gag, more for Alice's sake than mine. I think she managed to make it to her little dustbin before being sick as I see no sign of the vile substance.

  I rush to her side, drop my bad and kneel beside her. This seems all to familiar scene. "Alice? What's the matter, hun?"

  She takes deep, slow breaths before she starts to speak. "Me and Adam. Um... we slept together last Saturday... Saturday night"

  I am actually confused. "So? You're in love so it's not bad to have sex, Alice"

  "Unprotected, Sian!" She half screeches, half sobs. "I was so fucking stupid!"

 It then hits me. Falls on me like a ton of bricks. I try to hide my shock. She can't be! It's impossible; well not impossible but it's really unlikely.

   "Alice?" I gently rub her arm. "Are you pregnant?"

  "I really don't know but I was puking up this morning like crazy and my head's really light. What if I am? I'll be called a slut! A slag! How am i meant to tell Adam?" She manage to get out before breaking down into her loud chorus of sobbing again.

   "Hey" I say sternly. "Listen! You might not be pregnant. Go buy a test from the chemists. They open in five minutes..."

 "No! I can't go and buy a pregnancy test! Can't you get it for me?" She sounds so scared and worried it would be evil for me to say no to her.

   Fifteen minutes later, here i stand, waiting for Alice to pee over the stupid rod. She seems to be taking forever so while i wait, my fingers find themselves fiddling with the ring i had found the other night. I really don't remember it from anywhere. It has no connection to me or my family. Maybe it's Ian's. I mean, i don't remember him wearing a ring but i could have missed it. It could have fallen off easily during the night we spent together.

 "Maybe" i whisper to myself.

  The bathroom door unlocks and Alice steps out, her face remaining emotionless. She takes a deep breath before speaking. 

   "I'm not pregnant" she says whilst sighing.

  "Phew! Close call. I can't believe the chemist thought that it was for me!" I laugh slightly.

"Unlucky. Thanks Sian. It means a lot but don't tell Adam? He might act funny around me" She says. I agree and we head downstairs to get breakfast. It's only been three weeks since Adam and Ian met us and they seemed to have shifted our lives. They have changed it so much it's crazy. And i intimately don't know what to do anymore.

 "Oh don't forget the Christmas Dance, Sian" Alice pips at me.

 Christmas Dance? That's ages away! I laugh slightly. I'll have no one to go with. Awkward for me when they decide to have a 'couple dance'. Great!