Part Twelve

Ian's Pov

  I flinch slightly as Sian slams her door behind me. As i walk down the corridor, i feel tears but I hold them back. I'm a boy, no, I am a man and men do not cry over any girl that they happen to find attractive. But then again, Sian is not just any girl. A wave of anger flows through me. Who does she think she is? She came on to me! Her tears, her sadness because Louisa kissed me. She was just jealous of her, anyway.

  That one word pulls me to a stop. Jealous? She was jealous that i shared a kiss with someone else. A someone that was not her. My anger subsides and guilt takes over as I open my bedroom door. It was mostly my fault. I let my guard down, I had not reacted to Louisa's kiss, i took sympathy on Sian and i let her kiss me.

  I drop my bag to the floor and quickly get dressed. My thoughts have got my brain going into over-drive. Ha! I'm not going to get back to sleep tonight...

                                                                       ***

 Today is a Saturday, so no school means no Louisa to have to look at. The idea is almost overwhelming. I'm sat at the table with Alice, Adam and Xander. For some reason, the all seem egar to hear about last night.

"We just talked" i say flatly before taking a sip of my hot chocolate. I look up to see the three of them  staring at me, quizzical looks on their faces.

"Sure thing Ian." Adam snickers. "You fancy her so much that it is untrue!"

I glare at Adam. "Well she doesn't like me so what does it matter? I'm just fighting a long lost cause..."

 "What's a lost cause?" i turn to see Sian, completely oblivious to our conversation.

"Sian?" I ask, almost shocked that she has appeared after last night. Oh! Wait! it didn't happen. "The...um... the boy's football team"

 She considers my lie for a few moments. "Oh. Okay. I'm going getting some..."

  She stops as Isabelle comes rushing in, a huge smile plastered on her face. "Hey guys! Guess what?"

"What babe?" Xander asks her softly.

"Remember how i couldn't see my Grandparents on my birthday? Well, they sent me two hundred pounds! So how about we go watch a film, then go bowling and then grab some food?" She speaks so fast that i almost miss what she's saying.

 Sian speaks up. "Isabelle. We can't just let you spend that kind of money on us."

"It's fine. Anyway, what's money if ican't spend it on the closest people to my heart?" she asks us and this time, not even Sian can refuse. "Great. Then we'll meet in an hour?"

We all agree before finishing off our breakfast and heading upstairs to get changed and ready. It only takes me a few minutes so i sit on my bed, wiping the dust  from the frame that lies on the desk. It's a picture of my dog back home, Gidget. She's just a puppy in this picture, i remember when it was taken. Oh, i miss her. I miss everyone back home. Home. It reminds me of my ring, it was my great, great great grandfather's or something like that. I've never really taken it off before, apart from showers and bathing. It's not on my finger as usual. I check my desk, floor and even my laundry basket. I can't have lost it! It means too much to  me.   

Sorry this chapter's hort guys but then next should be longer :D thanks to all who have read Barriers so far x