Part Thirteen

Sian's Pov

  I scan the room for my blue converse. No sign of them. I pull open my wardrobe door and look down at the bottom, still no luck. I'm starting to give up when i have a new idea. I get down onto my knees and stretch my arm out under the bed. I move it around, trying to get a hold of anything that resembles the shape of a shoe. (I do have other shoes but these are my favourite) Instead, my hand clasps around something cold, small and circular. I pull my hand from under the bed, and look at the object.

    Huh? It's just a ring. I have had loads of rings before but i can not remember nor place this one. However, it is very pretty. The small sapphire-like gem fits perfectly in the centre of the silver ring. I slip it on my finger before turning around to look again for my shoes. From the corner of my eye, i see a white lace hanging out of the bottom drawer. I pull it open and there i find my blue converse. Neatly sat next to each other in the corner of the drawer, the laces scattered in random places. I shove them onto my feet, grab my side-bad and head on downstairs to meet the others.

"Woah!" i hear a voice. God! Have i been day-dreaming again?. "Sian?"

"What?" i ask, confused. "Xander?"

"Are you ok, my small friend?" he asks me.

"We shouldn't be letting Isabelle spend this kind of money on us" I shake my head.

"I  know but what can we do about it?" he asks. I simply shrug my shoulders in response. I look back at him  to see his eye brows knit together. Following his eye line, i see what is confusing him. Alice and Adam are just chatting, like normal people do, but Isabelle and Ian have secluded themselves to the far corner and appear to be whispering and showing looks of concern and worry. I look back up at Alexander.

"Xander?" i say wearily. "it's probably nothing"

"I know Sian" he says pushing open the door for me.

"Thanks" i say. My eyes flicker over to Isabelle and Ian, who have noticed our presence and have started moving towards us.

"hey Xander. Um... Sian" Ian smiles at us but i think that the others have picked up on the hesitation before my name.

"Ian." Xander nods curtly. "Hey babe" he lightly kisses Isabelle on the cheek.

"Ready?" Isabelle clasps her hands together. We all agree and head on out to the bus stop.

 4 Hours Later.

 "Strike" Adam roars as her turns back to us. "Beat that, Ian"

 Ian stands up and grabs a purple bowling ball from the rack. "Easy" he replies before swinging his arm and released the ball. It shoots down the alley and smashes into the pins.

"What were you saying Adam? Oh yeah, strike!" Ian grins over at Adam who just bursts into laughter.

"Dude! You can't beat a strike" Adam manages to say between he uncontrollable laughter.

"Sad, Adam." Xander shakes his head.

 "Come on then. Let's get some food" Isabelle stands up and grabs her bag.

 "Great. I'm starving" Xander lifts his top and rubs his six-pack, obviously showing off. We all burst into laughter as we leave the bowling alley.

"The little cafe's just over there" Isabelle points to a small cafe across the car park from us. We all start to walk across to the cafe when i notice what's bothering me. Adam and Alice are all loved up and Isabelle and Xander are inseparable. Then there's Ian and myself. A mere metre between us but i feel like i'm on a different planet to him. It almost makes me regret what i said last night, but my head took over, yet again.

Back at the School house

"I got this great film we can watch after we've got dressed" Adam offers as we take off our jackets and hang them up. We all agree and fifteen minutes later, we are all ready. There are three two-seater couches in the living room so Alice and Adam are sharing one and so are Isabelle and Xander which leaves Ian and myself awkwardly sat next to each other. We sit at opposite ends of the couch, but because we are both curled up ,our feet slides into one another's.

 I also notice that whenever Ian would start talking to Isabelle, Xander keeps giving Ian dirty looks. Surely Xander doesn't think that Ian like Isabelle... does he?