Part Eight

Ian's Pov

"... Now before you pack away your things i just want to tell you about a trip that you can go on. It is after Christmas but we have to arrange it now" Miss Birtley informs us, as she walks around the class handing out forms.

"We should tell the girls and go." Alexander suggests. Both me and Adam agree and take extra forms for Isabelle, Sian and Alice.

 I shove my book into my bag just as the bell sounds. We make our way out of the class room and head to the sports hall.

"So what are we even doing in Sports?" Adam asks us as we push through the crowds of students making their way to their next class. to be honest, it gets really annoying.

"No. But we'll find out after we've got dressed..." i say, struggling to get to the doors of the sports hall.

"True" Adam agrees as we enter the changing room.

  We are one of the last to get dressed. I walk over to where Adam and Alexander are stood. I feel a hand shove my shoulder from behind me.

"How's your little crush doing, American scum" i turn to see Liam. He's really popular, especially with the girls.

"What's that mean to mean, asshole?" I ignore the fact that he insulted me and keep to what he meant about my 'little crush'. He obviously was talking about Sian.

"Keep your eyes off her. Sian's mine." he says smugly.

Alexander almost bursts into tears whilst laughing. "Liam! You are so sad. Sian is not dating you. She never would. So shut up."

"You keep thinking that, Alexander. By the way, how's pretty little Isabelle doing? I heard she likes that Connor O'Brian. Apparently she meets him during her 'guitar' lessons" Liam says smugly. I watch as Alexander's fists clench and he looks like he's about to murder.

"Come on Xander" Adam steps in. "Let's go over there."

 We walk away from Liam and sit down on the bench. Alexander places his head in his hands.

"Come on, Xander. Don't believe that shit about Isabelle. She would never cheat on you. Liam really likes Sian?" I ask, changing the topic from Isabelle.

"Ha! No way." Alexander looks up from his hands. "I reckon she likes you though"

"What? No way." i say, rather shocked.

"She's different with you. She seems almost happy"

"Whatever" i say, rolling my eyes.

"No. You just have to get her to believe she can trust you" he says.

"Why?" i ask him. I already know thanks to Isabelle but i want to see if her story checks out.

"Sorry. I can't say. Sian is like a sister to me. I promised."

I look up to see a teacher come to the front of the group. He clears his throat before speaking.

"Ok. We are going to play dodge ball today. I'm sorry that girls and boys have to do inter-form together but the weather is rubbish. So let's pick teams. Liam, team one. Louisa, team two." he says.

 I watch as Liam steps to the front, as does the girl - Louisa. She has flowing brown hair tied back into a pony tail.

Liam looks at me before scanning the crowds. "Sian" he says with a grin on his face. I look over at Sian who sighs before getting up and walking over to Liam. A few lads wolf whistle at the fact that Liam picked her first. His evil grin flashing before my eyes.

Louisa looks over at me and calls my name. I stand and make my way over to her.

"Oh God" i groan under my breath.

 We start the game and to start, a load of people get out because it was too crowded to dodge the balls but eventually it gets down to Liam and Sian versus Louisa and myself... great!

 Liam insists on stepping in front of Sian to 'protect' her from the balls. Louisa jumps behind me for protection. I watch as Sian launches a ball in our direction, I duck down as it soars over my head and hits Louisa squarely in the chest. She whimpers and starts crying. The teacher tells Sian that she is also out because she was too rouge.

 I can see that she is egar to argue back put decides against it and heads over to were Isabelle and Alexander are sat. Liam even calls over;

"Don't worry. I'll get him for you, babe."

I look at Sian, who is obviously confused at Liam's words. She then looks at me and mouths something over to me. I think it may have been 'get Liam out'

 I smile slightly. Liam throws a ball at me but he easily misses. I then throw one at him but he dodges it just as it was going to hit his shoulder. He throws another ball and this time, he finds his target. The ball hits me straight in the eye. I back off as everyone starts cheering and wooping at Liam.

 I lift my hand from my eye as Sian makes her way over to me. I see Liam watching her, envious.

"Are you ok?" She asks me softly.

"I'll be fine"i smile at her.

"Sure. Why did Liam call me..."

"Hey babe" Liam's voice breaks through her sentence.

"What?" she asks confused.

"Oh Ian that looks bad. I'm sorry about that. You should go to the nurse and get some ice" Liam suggest.

"I'll be fine, Liam" i say.

"Maybe he's right. You need some ice for that" Sian says. Liam nods and puts his arm around Sian. She looks at me for help but i can't offer any.

"Ok. I'll see you in drama then?" I ask her. She nods before i turn and walk away to the changing rooms. I need to get dressed and then i'll go to the nurse. Louisa stops me before i enter the changing rooms.

"Hey" she says sweetly.

"hey. Listen, Louisa. I really need to get dressed..."

"Ok. You're in my drama aren't you?" Louisa asks.

I nod to answer. "Ok. I'll see you then handsome"

 she then turns and leave. That was normal. I head into the changing rooms very confused.