There is a white circular rug in the middle of the dark hardwood floor. Across from the bed and to the left is a desk and bookshelf full of books. There's another door which I'm sure is a bathroom and a sliding mirror door, which I assume is the closet. There's a nightstand and an alarm and 2 windows framing the bed, with matching lavender curtains. I look around and sigh. Tomorrow is Tuesday, and I suspect my grandparents want to get me enrolled as soon as possible. I throw away that train of thought and head towards my bag.

I successfully finish unpacking within 30 minutes and groan, bored out of my mind. I walk out of my bedroom and into the spacious living room, where my grandparents are watching Dr. Phil. My grandmother pauses the TV and looks up at me.

"What's up sweetie?" She asks, a throw blanket spread across her shoulders and a cup of coffee in her hands. 

"When am I going to school?" I ask. She looks flustered suddenly.

"Brett! You let me forget about going to the school and getting those papers! Oh my- Dana, we have to go to the school, you should be starting tomorrow." She gets up and rushes to the kitchen. I can hear the jingle of keys and her shouting again and head out the door. I slide into the passenger seat of the car and we tear out of the driveway.

"1 o' clock! Oh your grandfather is going to get it!" She turns right and then left and soon comes to a busy intersection.

"Hey, after we do this do you think we could stop by the store? I forgot shampoo and all that other stuff."

"Of course." She tells me absentmindedly. We finally get through the intersection and soon I see a large, bland-looking brick building come into view. There was no name on the front, which confused me to no end. We pulled into the school and parked at the front. We walked in and I became conscious of what I was wearing- a long shirt filled with holes and acid-washed jeans. My hair was probably matted too. We took a turn and entered what seemed to be the office.

"Harper, this is my granddaughter Dana. Dana, this is my friend Harper." My grandmother introduces us.

"Hello." I say, holding out my hand. She weakly shakes it.

"I've heard so much about you. Here's your schedule for tomorrow, as well as your locker number and a map of the school." She hands me a white manilla folder. I nod and she slams something down on the desk.

"Here's your textbook for your Intro to Shifters class." I smile/wince and grab it. All of a sudden a bell rings. I tense and then relax as I realize that it's just a dismissal bell. The hallway outside of the office fills quickly with kids hanging out in the hallway and whizzing past.

"I just need you guys to sign here and here and you'll be ready to go." Harper says, handing me a paper on a clipboard and a pen. I sign and hand the clipboard to my grandmother. She quickly signs and hands it back. Harper takes the paper and photocopies it, giving one of the copies to us. We say our thanks and leave. I quickly slide into the car and wait for us to get going. I think back on the past 24 hours. I didn't even tell my mom goodbye, guilt began eating at me.

It wasn't goodbye, it was a see you soon.

I sigh, finding comfort that my wolf will always be with me and that she's still there. Before I know it, the car pulls up to a Walmart. I unbuckle and get out of the car. My grandmother stays in though.

"Okay dear. I'll pick you up in an hour. Take this." She gives me $200, "Get your hygiene products, buy some clothes, get some food. Hell, buy a bike. Have fun." I nod and shut the door. I stuff the money in my jeans pocket and walk through the doors. On my right was a Subway and to my left was the checkout lane. I grab a cart and head towards the main aisle, trying to figure out where hygiene products were.

I turn on the aisle that I spot has a tampon box and walk over. I put one in and walk to the next aisle. Face masks, moisturizers, and makeup wipes. I have pretty good skin, but still grab a tube of face mask in case I get bored. I go to the next aisle where I'm assaulted with fragrant shampoos and body wash- curse this newfound smelling ability. I plug my nose and walk past looking for any neutral scents. I grab a coconut shampoo and conditioner, oatmeal body wash and cucumber body mist and haul ass out of the aisle.

The next aisle was razors and shaving cream. I grab shaving cream and razors as well as deodorant from the next aisle. Then I head to the clothes area. Hate on me all you want. Walmart has damn good skinny jeans. I spend at least 30 minutes shopping for clothes and rush to the checkout as my hour was almost up. I bought some new underwear as well as socks, long shirts, skinny jeans, and a new belt. I pay for it and had to put back a pair of jeans.

I grab my bags and walk out of the store, passing a guy and 2 girls. I accidentally bump into the guy and mumble a quick sorry and walk through the parking lot, looking for the car. Once I see it I climb in and smile at my grandma. 

We got home at around 3 and I put my things away in my room first. I walk out and go to the kitchen to make a ham sandwich.

"Hey guys, I'm just gonna eat now and then pass out. Sorry I'm not as fun as Dr. Phil." I say before taking a bite of the sandwich I made. They tell me goodnight from their spot on the couch as I head upstairs with my sandwich. As I eat I brush my hair and put it in a braid to make sure it doesn't tangle. I already packed my school bag to fit the new school and picked my outfit. I finish the sandwich and leave the plate on the dresser, turning off the lights and snuggling into the cold bed. I toss and turn for what feels like hours, but finally fall asleep.