"Not that I have much of a choice, but yeah. I'll come back and I'll come to the staff meeting, but I'm not going to tell Daniel everything in front of everyone. I will tell him, I promise,"

Zade nodded and stood, "So, now that that's out of the way, what do you have for lunch?"

"Lunch? It's only . . ." I trailed off as I read the clock. 1:18 p.m. Had I slept in that long?

"Yes, lunch. I'm starving and I'm here, so I'm going to eat. Quinn? Why do you have a package of Oreos in your fridge?"

"Cause they're delicious cold. Don't judge. You keep bread in your fridge,"

Annie rolled her eyes and beckoned me towards the couch, "Come here and I'll braid your hair while the boys raid your fridge," I grinned and sat down, grabbing my hairbrush as I did.

"Lean back. So, can I ask a personal question?"

"Yeah. What's up?"

"What do you think Daniel is going to say when he finds out everything?"

I hesitated, "I . . . I don't know. He could brush it off and say I'm lying, but if you guys are right and he does have some kind of feelings for me, then maybe Daniel will say goodbye to Charlie,"

"And how do you feel about it?"

"It would be nice,"

"But?"

I laughed softly, "Yes. But, I would feel like a second choice and I already don't like that feeling. It's why I've been hesitant to say anything. While having Charlie out of the picture would be amazing, the idea of Daniel of choosing me only after Charlie's been discredited feels like a loss to me,"

Annie hit a tangle and I hissed, "Sorry, Quinn. You don't have to agree to be with him. You've got Master Alex and that seems to be going pretty well. You can have anyone at that club and I'm sure they're all dying to have a night with you, especially with the Pride Party so close,"

"Pride Party?"

"You haven't heard? Zade! Quinn hasn't heard about the Pride Party!"

Zade made a screeching noise and the next thing I know, he's staring at me from three inches away from my face, "You don't know about the biggest party of the year? Okay, so basically every June for the last three years, Daniel has hosted a relaxed, but enjoyable night where everyone and everything is glitter, rainbows, and gay. It's the one time where Daniel pretty much allows a free for all and the V.I.P. Doms and subs put on a show. This year it's Annie and Sam, Theo and Sylvia, and Cale and Owen. It'll be their first time doing anything in public,"

"Actually, Theo and Sylvia backed out. It's going to be me and Ken!" Ryan shouted from the kitchen and we all turned to look at him.

Annie raised her eyebrows and said, "I'm sorry. You what? You guys are definitely back together?"

"Yeah. Didn't I tell you? We got—hang on," Ryan's phone rang and he held up a finger, "Hey. Wha–. Oh. No, of course. We'll be right over. Bye,"

Zade frowned and stood up. Annie wrapped the hair tie around the end of the braid and we both turned to face Ryan, who had a hand covering his mouth.

"What is it?"

"That was Owen. He wants us to meet him at his apartment. Something about a case,"

🖤

None of us except Annie knew where his apartment was, so she had to drive us to Owen's apartment.

He opened the door slowly and when he saw us, he silently gestured us in, "Hey, guys,"