ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉⁿ

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,
narrative ( sunday )

"no avani i'm not even being dramatic! it's like he knows me... but he doesn't know me! it was so weird... yet i'm oddly intrigued" zara spoke into the phone as she pulled the honey nut cherrios out of the cabinet.

"MAAMM! this is a whole new level of... i don't even know what! i would never even expect you to entertain another man like this" avani rambled, as she seemed to be walking through a hallway.

"i know!" zara agreed as she stuffed a handful of cherrios into her mouth, "but in all honesty i don't even feel guilty!... well i don't really have anything to feel guilty about huh?" she leaned over the island as she fiddled with the phone which was propped up on the counter.

"girl you swear you're bad" avani shook her head, "you literally didn't do anything it was a friendly conversation. but even if you did it wouldn't matter because you and vinnie are broken up"

"okay i'm sorryyy i get excited! you know i like to stay to myself" zara said as stella loaded into the facetime call, "and yeah i guess you're right"

"what's the teaaa" stella dragged out as her face popped into the screen above avanis

"jaden hoss-" avani started, before zara cut her off short. "i got to go guys" zara whispered into the phone before quickly hanging up.

zara grabbed a bowl from the cupboard as well as a spoon, once the sound of approaching footsteps became louder.

"morning" zara smiled as vinnie took a seat at the kitchen island. "good morning" he replied in a raspy morning voice as he ran his hand through his bed head.

"how are you feeling? are you hungry? i can cook something up for you" zara smiled as she leaned over the counter to face him.

vinnie eyed her suspiciously, "why are you so happy?" zara giggled as she made her way to his side of the counter. she draped her arms around his neck, as she laid her head on his shoulder to look at him. "becauseee it's a beautiful dayy and we're alive and well. duhh" she left a quick peck on his cheek before going back to the other side of the island to make herself a bowl of cereal.

"i was just wondering... since you were all sad and depressed last night..." vinnie responded slowly. he knew it wasn't like her to get over a major problem in her life so quickly without first solving it. or at least attempting to.

little did he know the real reason for her happiness was jaden. through the few messages they exchanged, he filled zara with so much joy without even knowing it. he gave her butterflies without even giving her that good good. he gave her that feeling of being rebellious and free that vinnie once gave her. in all honesty jaden reminded her of vinnie when they first started dating, and that was what was catching her attention.

"that was last night vinnie it's a new day" zara smiled before pushing a spoonful of cherrios into her mouth. "now hurry up and get something to eat, we're going shopping"

𝐣𝐨𝐭𝐬
:)