re-meet

If I knew food would cost me so much drama I wouldn't have run to the grocery store. But I was craving cookies and I didn't have any milk. So to the super market I went.

With plenty of time to spare, I freely walked through the eyes and just bought anything that caught my eye. I got carried away to the point where I almost forgot about the freaking milk.

Looking for the milk I needed, I notice someone entering the same aisle I'm in. "Oh fuck me!" I whisper. It's Timothée. I quickly cover my face and pray to god he doesn't see me.

Timothée's my most recent ex. Our break up was one of the most hurtful events of my life. But looking back at it now, I'm glad we broke up. The anger from our relationship fueled me into becoming a much better person.

All this for a fucking bottle of milk. I quickly scramble for the one I want. Please don't notice me, please don't notice me, please don't noti- I feel a tap on my shoulder. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

"Y/N?" I hear his voice. Oh boy. I slowly turn around to face him. "Timothée!" I fake smile. "Lovely seeing you, have a good day!" I said before sprinting out of there straight to the cashier.

He wouldn't go as far as to follow me right? "Y/N! Wait!" Wrong. "What do you want Timothée?" "We should talk." "I think we've talked enough." "Please, just hear me out." he begs.

With a few seconds of thought, I give in. Nothing to lose... "Fine. What?" "Look, I know this is too late. But I need you to know, that ever since our break up, my life went to shit. The only thing on my mind since the last time we spoke is you. Only you. I feel nothing, except for guilt and guilt and guilt."

At this point, you might be wondering what went on between us. Timothée and I started dating around to years ago. And for the most part, we were doing great. We were drunk in love. Until it took a turn.

Timothée got mixed up with a very dangerous crowd. They had detestable influence on him. Every night, coming home either wasted or high.

Right then, I realized how caring for someone could be threatening. Trying to alert him was my worst nightmare. He'd pull freaky tantrums. He'd scream, shout, break things. He was out of control. But I stuck with him. Because I loved him.

I kept trying to help him. But he pulled the last string, when he came home with a girl. It was probably the worst day of my life. After all that I've done for him, he'd seriously pull this?

He broke me that day. He broke my trust. He broke my heart. He shattered me. I understand, that he couldn't even walk straight. But I'd had enough. I packed my shit & broke with him right then & there.

That was the last time I talked to him. That was the last time I saw him. But here he is now, about a year later. Begging me for forgiveness at a local target.

"Well, I don't know what to say but if it relaxes you, I got over what happened ages ago. Can I go now?" "I want to make it up to you."

"Timothée, this is very thoughtful of you. But like I said, what happened, happened. It's all in the past now. You don't have to make anything up to me. I'm seriously done with all of this. And I'd prefer if we stay in our separate ways." I state.

"But I don't." "And why is that?" "Because I still love you Y/N!" His words take my surprise. That's the last thing I could've thought would happen. "If you truly loved me Timothée, I don't think you would have done what you did."

"I was always high as shit. I couldn't even see in front of me. I wasn't aware of any action I'm taking. I was lost, with very bad people, and I couldn't resist their effect on me. And I'm sorry for letting that affect you. Affect us. It was truly a grieve mistake. If i was in my right mind, I would never, ever, hurt someone as dear to me as you. Please, just give me a chance. Let me prove to you that I changed."

Although I had a bad feeling about this, his words started to make sense. I mean yes, he did hurt me, but it wasn't fully his fault, he truly didn't mean to.

Maybe he did change, maybe this grey area between us could turn, into something beautiful. I don't want to get my hopes up but I can't help but think what if...

"I'll need some time to think about it." I finally decide, knowing deep down that I did want to see him change, that I did want to bring the old us back, but I really have to think it through. I don't want to end up hurt again.

"Take all the time you need. When you've made a decision, just give me a call. You still have my number?" he asks. "I believe so." "Alright great. This really means so much to me. Thank you."

And with that, he takes off. God, can i just buy my fucking milk in peace.

I finally got home and to make the cookies I've been dreaming about all day. I play a movie as I'm eating them, trying to ignore what went on today. Until one character says, "And to have it all, we need to risk it all." And that got me thinking. Fuck it.

"Hello?" "Hey, Timmy." "Have you thought about what I said?" "Yes. I did." "And?" "I have mixed feelings. I honestly don't know what to do. Part of me wants to give you a chance, but the other is so fucking paranoid you'll break me again."

"I'm not asking you to jump into this. We can do this step by step. Let me prove to you that I've changed. Let me show you that you can trust me. And you can judge me then." he suggests.

"That doesn't seem too shabby." "Yeah?" "Yeah." "Well i promise you, that you won't regret this. You won't have to be afraid of me or of getting hurt. I promise. Okay?" "Okay, Timothée."

"Meet tomorrow?" "Sure." "I'll text you." "Sounds great." "Alright, bye." "Goodbye."

★★★

What do you guys think of this one?

God I love the drama. Next time I probably wouldn't make Y/N as forgiving lol. Maybe you could help me out! Requests are always open.

If you liked this please VOTE and COMMENT what you think!

★★★

(edited)