"Ahmed, did you teach him all these words? Really, shan't?" asked Gabriel desperately trying not to laugh.

"I can't keep him out of my room, dad. Besides, calling him annoying all the time gets... old. Plus, I can't seem to deliver the right feeling," Ahmed shrugged his shoulders. His attention not once leaving the fruits he was cutting. As if that task was the most important task in the world.

A smile graced Aisha's lips. There had been a time when they had worried about Ahmed's autism. 

They had been new parents. Zahra had only been two. And here was a kid that was so different from her it had made her cry, not knowing how to help her son. 

Even though his autism hadn't been and wasn't sever, not like others, it had still been a tricky road to navigate. Even now there were still things that could upset him. But he didn't have the kind of meltdowns he used to have. They had learned to handle it as a family, and he was making leaps and bounds, surprising both her and Gabriel.

Omar smirked at his twin, enjoying his imprisonment.

"Dad, it was an accident. I didn't mean to ruin the order of his comic books... I just tripped," he explained, looking anything but apologetic.

"Let me at him dad. For I count Olaf will not stand for this vexation," growled Hamza seething from where he was being held.

Gabriel went about his business as if the extra pounds on his shoulder wasn't a problem. Clearly, he was hoping that ignoring them would make them stop.

"Hamza stop talking like that," giggled Zahra.

"I don't know of any other six-year-old that talks like that," she said shaking her head. Being thirteen, appearance, and being cool was becoming important to Zahra. Aisha hoped she wouldn't place too much importance on what others thought, or the trends of the time.

"I think it's nice. It makes you sound smart, Hamza," said Sara encouragingly.

"Please... more like an idiot," whispered Zahra.

"Language," rebuked Gabriel, giving his daughter a firm look. That was enough for her to say sorry to her younger brother.

Then he sighed.

"Ya Allah, how does your mom handle you all and still function normally? How?" he asked out loud, not expecting an answer but needing to voice his frustration.

"Cause its mom," said Zahra with a shrug.

"Because she is patient," added Ahmed, not seeing the glare his dad threw him.

"Baba, your patient too. It's just hoyoo is used to us. You just need practice," said Sara innocently.

"Thanks, lovebug," chuckled Gabriel giving his youngest daughter a kiss on the forehead.

Aisha had to intervene. She could see Omar edging toward his brother to try and whack him with a wooden spoon of his own.

She walked into the kitchen silently to grab the spoon from Omar. Hamza had spotted her but remained silent, a small triumphant smile on his face. Before he could suspect, Aisha swiftly removed the spoon from Omar's hand. He jumped, twirling around, spotting his mother as he froze in place.

Aisha gave him a serious look.

"What were you planning to do?" she asked.

"Nothing..." he paused in the middle of his lie when Aisha raised an eyebrow of disapproval.

"Fine, I wanted to whack him. I'm sorry," he said, looking guilty.

"Your cleaning the room on your own and don't think I didn't hear that you messed up the order of your brother's comics. You'll fix that too, ok?" she asked, bending down to eye level with her youngest.