Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Athena pov

I was playing around with Atri when I smelled a different scent, it wasn't mine..nor Artemis' scent. I stopped jumping around and sniffed the air a little and tried following the scent to find this unknown person. Noticing my behavior, Artemis stiffened beside me. I looked around a few times until I noticed a small fluffy ball that appeared to be a fox on the other side of the river staring at Arti and I. I squinted and looked closer at her and noticed she not only had one, but NINE tails!?

I figured she must be a hybrid like Atemis and I but just as I was about to fly over to her, Arti went in front of me to stop me.

"You don't know if she's dangerous or not!" she said in a loud whisper while gritting her teeth together, I sighed "she looks harmless, besides, i think she's like us!" I whine while stomping a little, Artemis sighed in defeat

"okay..but stay in my sight, if fluff ball over there touches a hair on you I can and I will kill it" she said in a threatening tone while glaring at the fox. I smiled and flew over the river in my wolf form, once I was in front of the fox, I sniffed it a little and turned to my human form, I smiled at her a little "You're just like us!" i exclaimed excitedly, we finally met another hybrid! The nine tail fox on the other hand, seemed to be frozen in her spot, she just stared at me as I made a pathetic attempt at starting a conversation.

"U-uh... I'm Athena! What's your name?" i asked while trying not to make things awkward, after a little of no reply, the fox opened her mouth to reply

"M-my name is Annabeth." she said quietly. I smiled as she finally replied to me, "Nice to meet you Annabeth!" I said in a happy voice, the girl replied with a small smile,

"I know you're a hybrid... do you think maybe you could change to your human form?" I asked in a calm voice, she only nodded a little and before I knew it, in front of me was a small girl who looked as if she was only twelve years old.

(Character update :D)

Name: Annabeth

Hybrid: 9 tail fox

Age: 13

Personality: bubbly, shy, kind, smart, trustworthy

Power: water/ice (she isn't very good at using her powers because she's only 13)

She looked me right in the eye and smiled a bit, I'm guessing she's getting used to talking to me a little. I looked to the side to see Artemis anxiously looking at me like the girl was about to attack me or something, I just giggled a bit and waved my hand for her to come to Annabeth and I. She quickly flew over to us but didn't say anything, she just stared at Annabeth. I looked at Arti and tilted my head a little,

"Are you okay?" I asked, why was Artemis looking at Annabeth like that? Just as Artemis heard me speak, she shook her head a little and snapped out of her thoughts and faced me

"Yeah, I'm fine" she flashes me a small smile before putting her hands in her pockets and facing Annabeth.

"I'm Artemis, what's your name?" She said in an emotionless voice, Annabeth looked a little more scared but I looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile and nodded.

"Im Annabeth" She stuttered while trying not to make eye contact, I knew she felt a little uncomfortable so I pulled Artemis over for a little to talk to her.

"Why are you being so scary towards her?" I frowned a little while trying to make the most serious face I could.

"She's just like us Arti. We can travel together! We can finally have a friend!" I exclaimed, already thinking about all the fun things we can do together.

Artemis looked at me as if I was out of my mind. "Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone. Are you crazy? She is not traveling with us. We don't even know who she is. For all we know she could be a spy from that place."

"That's crazy Artemis. She's like 12. She's not a spy, she's our friend. And as her friend it's our job to make sure she's safe. Which means, she travels with us!"

"Age doesn't matter Athena. When has that ever stopped those monsters. And for the last time, she is not our friend!"

"What happened to you Artemis. You used to be so kind, helping anyone who needed help, no matter who they were. Whether she's your friend or not, she is my friend. And I am not going to let my new friend wander alone where she could die."

I was angry. Annabeth was someone who needed help, she needed someone to take care of her. For god's sake she was like 12! Artemis needed to calm down and realize that not everyone was an enemy that wanted to take us down.

"Come on Annabeth. We're leaving." I took one look at the child and my heart immediately softened. The poor thing looked so afraid. She probably heard our whole argument.

Annabeth immediately ran to my side. We walked away from the river, and for once, Artemis didn't try to stop me.