Bonus Chapter | Love Letters

Start from the beginning

Yours Sincerely,
Thomas

P.S. How is Lady Darrel? Has she recovered from the brick incident?

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭

Dear Thomas,

The Royal Physician has Her Royal Highness on bedrest. It was initially only supposed to be for a few days but then he extended it to at least a week, if not more. As far as I am concerned, she is fine, but I have not seen her since we got back to London. If I hear of any other updates, I will let you know.
I should not have asked about Benjamin, and I regret that now. It was once again the alcohol talking. While he isn't a kind person, and is a bastard; Benjamin is a terrific guard and keeps the Royal Family safe.
The new produce man's name is Thomas. When I heard his name, I thought of you and was unable to focus for the rest of the day. I broke a lamp because I wasn't watching where I was going. Luckily nobody saw me and I ran off. They're blaming the dogs. Thank goodness.
What are you doing to me Barrow? You are a very bad influence. Although I don't think I would want it any other way.

Yours,
Allen

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭

Dear Allen,

You need to be careful. No more breaking lamps! I can only vouch for you so many times before Lady Darrel allows you to lose your job. Although I do find it flattering how much I can distract you even all the way in Yorkshire. Oh the power I have over you.
I'm very hypocritical since you distracted me all day. Your letter arrived with the morning post. But then I had work to do all day and was only able to read your letter after dinner. The day was very long and painful, as I imagined what beautiful words would be in your previous letter.
While I did not break a lamp and blame it on a dog, I did step on his Lordship's dog. Well, on her tail. She was not very pleased with me and tried to bite me. I did manage to fend her off, so I hope that this will impress you.

Yours Sincerely,
Thomas

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭

Dear Thomas,

That dog is small. Fighting her off is not impressive whatsoever.
I apologize, but I need to keep this letter brief. I need to guard His Majesty on one of his many public appearances and have to go in a few short minutes. But I did not want to think that I'd forgotten about you.
Not that I could ever forget you. I will remember you, and our memories together, both in person and in writing forever. I will carry the thought of us to the grave.

Forever yours,
Allen

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭

Dear Allen,

I'm glad that you are willing to keep me forever, for I feel the same way. I know that you are the one for me, and that we belong together.
Today I write with a purpose: I assume that you read the rumours about Lady Darrel's public absence. Lord Grantham saw them and got very upset. He had the same amount of rage when he punched Benjamin. He went berserk because he's worried that Their Majesties are keeping her locked up in the Palace. He wants to go to London to speak to them
Could you please ask Lady Darrel to call her father? I worry that if he confronts Their Majesties, he will do something that he regrets and end up in prison.
Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Thomas

P.S. I apologize for the short letter. I want to protect my employer's sanity. I will write a longer correspondence another day.

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭

Dear Thomas,

I am not offended. I would rather that Lord Grantham does not end up in prison, for Her Highness' sake. Also it's extra work for guards when someone barges into the Palace unannounced. Especially if they are threatening the King and Queen of England. If I can prevent that, I will.
I spoke to Her Highness before I wrote this letter.  While I don't know if she called Lord Grantham yet, she most likely will soon.
I admire how much you care about Her Highness. That is what I call a real friendship and you are lucky to have one. I never had anyone who cared about me, or anyone that I cared for.
Until I met you.

Forever grateful,
Allen

__________
Hi everyone,
I hope you enjoyed this bonus chapter! I had a lot of fun writing this one. Let me know what you think of Allen and Thomas' relationship.
Also, if you have any ideas for future Bonus Chapters, please let me know.
Stay safe ❤️
-Writographer