if i love you was a promise, would you break it? (I)

You grimaced at the gang of protesters across the street; meandering down the road with a tight grip on your mini backpack as you grumbled.

'Racist brutes.'

Ah, yes. Monster protesters.

Your ever most favorite type of protesters: Racist, ignorant, incompetent, unwelcoming, you name it! That's all they are.

And you, a young girl fresh out of her parents home and into the new world and city; full of terrible people she never knew she'd have to deal with. . .

And of course, monsters.

The newly-surfaced race had been released from the Underground only three years ago by a young child-ambassador named Frisk; and weren't accepted so easily by a large portion of the human population.

Fortunately, the government wasn't too terribly harsh on them (note the sarcasm). . . They still had rights blocked off, which still wasn't fair at all.

Monsters can't use any magic outside of their homes, which isn't toooo bad, right? Maybe they could accidentally hurt someone? Well, they can't even use it to defend themselves in life threatening situations, even if a human is hurting them or another person.

Also, monsters have no right to adopt human children or work as any form of scientist. Why? Cause!It could "mess up the system."

That was it.

That was the explanation.

Heh.

...

Also the ambassador, Frisk, wasn't able to be adopted by the king and queen cause of the second dumbass law. So the child is stuck in a orphanage till someone is willing to adopt them...

"Don't worry, it's a 'high class' orphanage."

What the hell does that even mean?!

"We want nothing but equality and open arms for monster kind." The Governor said.

'Equality my buttcheek!'  You spat in your conscious, noticing that you were almost near your destination, which made you sigh in relief as you smiled faintly.

You were currently on your way to your favorite smoothie and coffee shop; Black and Whites. (Credit to my town for owning one of those! It's awesome! Except just coffee, lol. The name goes to them, doeeee.)

You entered, the bell dinging loudly above you to inform that you were present as you walked over the clean, tiled floor of black and white marble to the counter to order your favorite (smoothie/coffee).

"Hi, welcome to Black and Whites! what would you like today, miss (N/n)?" The barista: Eric Leo Skylar, or... just Leo, teased you, and you chuckled lightly before ordering you flavorful drink.

He nodded, punching in your order on the cash register before spinning around on his heels and marching off to the kitchen to make your order.

Leo was a... robotic monster. He was apparently "related" to a famous monster entertainer by the name of "Mettaton", so you enjoyed to tease him about his flamboyant cousin being a show stopper whilst he was stuck in a drink shop.

Leo worked with a fire guy by the name of "Grillby", and he served as a bartender there when in the underground; it was a "grease hole", he stated, but also a "lovable grease hole".

Whatever that means.

You went back to one of the tables and sat down, pulling out a sketch book and pencil to draw a random person...