A Private Concert

Catch a Rising Star

A/N: Since I don't know what to say right here, let's just get on with the story so that you won't listen to me jabbering on. Here we go, with Chapter 6! Roll it!

Chapter 6

A Private Concert

Poppy finally made it outside to join the party briefly. She shook hands with a couple of people that her father invited before making her way to him. She gave him a little hug before turning over to Miss Chef, who was standing beside him.

"Good evening, Miss Chef." She said to her professionally. "I wasn't expecting to see you here tonight."

"Well, I thought I could use some time to just enjoy myself." She said with a false little smile. "Now, may I introduce the director of the film, Aspen Heitz. Mr. Heitz, this is Miss Poppy Summers."

Aspen held out his hand to the young singing star. He seemed like a nice middle-aged man with green hair dyed possibly from his younger years and reddish amber colored eyes.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Poppy."

"You as well, Mr. Heitz." Poppy answered.

"I have been looking over your career, and I think you are quite the talented young lady." Aspen said. "Would you mind if you play us a song?"

Poppy nodded. "Sure." She said. "In fact, I have a new cover that I've been working on."

She walked over to the piano outside as Peppy handed his daughter a microphone. She then turned towards the crowd.

"Hello, everyone." She said, getting their attention. "This is a new cover that I've been working on for my new album. I hope you like it."

Poppy then attached the microphone to a stand above the piano and sat down at it. She took a deep breath and began playing a gentle melody, her fingers dancing lithely and gracefully across the keys. Then, she began to sing.

Poppy: When tomorrow comes,
I'll be on my own;
Feeling frightened of
The things that I don't know.

When tomorrow comes.
Tomorrow comes.
Tomorrow comes.

And though the road is long,
I look up to the sky
And in the dark I found,
I lost hope that I won't fly.

And I sing along,
I sing along
And I sing along.

Branch heard the music from outside and quietly went outside the guest room that he was hiding in and out onto the balcony. Luckily, no one saw him come out, for they were all focused on the pink-haired singer who was playing on the piano. Everyone down there seemed to be enchanted by her as she continued to sing and play. This was something different than her dancing out on a stage, singing more energetic songs.

I got all I need
When I got you and I.
I look around me,
And see a sweet life.

I'm stuck in the dark
But you're my flashlight.
You're getting me,
Getting me through the night.

Kickstart my heart
When you shine it in my eyes.
Can't lie,
It's a sweet life.

I'm stuck in the dark,
But you're my flashlight.
You're getting me,
Getting me through the night.

'Cause you're my flashlight.
You're my flashlight.

I see the shadows long
Beneath the mountain top.
I'm not afraid
When the rain won't stop,