Homecoming

Stepping off the bus, a crippling sense of dread washed over Scarlett. The feeling intensified with every step. She felt as if she was in the center of the Ocean. Every inch was a tidal wave, dragging her under until she inevitably drowns in her own thoughts. 'God what am I doing?' she thought as she approached the door. She stood in front of the entrance for a few minutes then said "Here goes nothing" with a sigh and walked in. Just inches inside the door Scarlett was in the arms of another. Startled at first she tried to push the person away but soon regained composure when the familiar scent of rose and lavender perfume washed over her.
"Bloody hell!! Scarlett, I thought I was never going to see you again." the girl gasped, tears streaming down her face.
"Oh Lizzie, no! Babygirl please stop crying." Scarlett said trying to pull away from the weeping girl once again.
Lizzie pulled back keeping her hands on Scarlett's shoulders, "Where the hell have you been!?"
"I-"
"You just stopped coming to the academy!"
"Yeah I-"
"You didn't answer any of my calls or messages!"
"Well-"
"Your parents just said you had to go away then slammed the door in my face!" She was beginning to get hysterical and draw people's attention.
"Elizabeth!!" Scarlett screamed. It was dead silent, everyone turned in search of the commotion. Lizzie stared in disbelief, never had she seen Scarlett raise her voice. She was always very quiet and reserved but in that moment it was like she was an entirely different person. Fierce and assertive . It was as if a demanding power radiated off of her. Realizing that everyone's eyes were now on her Scarlett grabbed Lizzie's hand and pulled her away from the crowd and up to the roof of the school. She stepped out under the warm sun.
"Oh sorry, I didn't think anyone would be up here" Scarlett said when she saw the lonesome girl looking over the edge. The girl whirled around eyes wide. She was so ghost white she looked like she was going to pass out.
"Oh it's you, I didn't recognize you. You cut your hair" Scarlett began walking towards the frozen girl. Lizzie grabbed Scarlett's wrist to stop her.
"What are you doing up here, Allison? We had an agreement."
Just then the door to the roof opened.