About an hour before the get-together ended, Seungyeon asked if the two of them could talk in private. Heart thumping, Yongsun led the way to her bedroom, leaving the door behind them slightly ajar. She had no idea what it was the brunette could want to discuss, the uncertainty causing her stomach to sink. What if Seungyeon confessed? That would be the worst.

"Your room's cute," the taller woman casually complimented.

With a small voice, Yongsun responded, "Thanks."

"Um . . . so . . . I've been talking to someone I met on a dating app and I was wondering if it'd be okay if I went on a date with her?"

Relief flooded her body.

"I was so nervous about what you had to say," she clutched at her chest. "That's completely fine with me. Seriously. You didn't have to ask, though." They weren't dating. They'd had no discussions about dating. There were no plans to date Seungyeon. The graduate student felt no possessiveness over the taller woman. They were friends.

"I figured you'd be okay with it because we're not, like, together or anything, but I wanted to make sure."

"Well, thank you for asking. It was thoughtful of you to do that. But yeah, we're not together. You can do your own thing. I mean, if things get serious between you and her or if the two of you get physical, then, yeah, definitely let me know so that you and I stop the kissing thing, but for the most part, you don't need to run anything by me unless it affects my safety in any way."

"Cool." Seungyeon was contemplative for a moment. "It's just a first date though. Nothing serious. It was casual conversation at first, then she asked me out, so I was considering it."

"No need to explain. I hope it goes well! When is it?"

"She suggested next week."

This was actually quite enjoyable for Yongsun. The moment it became clear that Seungyeon wasn't confessing to her, she was able to breath again and enjoy the conversation. Leaving Seungyeon alone in the center of the room, the blonde made to sit on the end of her bed. Legs dangling, she leaned back on her hands, seemingly at ease.

"What are you two going to do?"

"I don't know," she shrugged. "I told her I'd get back to her on if I could make it or not. Guessing she'll tell me more when I tell her 'yes'."

"That's exciting!"

"Why are you so excited about this?" Seungyeon stalked closer, standing between Yongsun's legs.

"Why wouldn't I be? You may find the love of your life."

"That's a bit much. She asked and I figured 'why not?' She's a nice girl. If you asked me on another date, though, I'd definitely say yes. No hesitation."

"Another date? We haven't gone on any dates."

"Two weeks ago. That was a date."

"It was not! This is the first time you're calling it a date. You can't retroactively make something a date."

"I paid for dinner and dropped you home! That's a date," Seungyeon challenged in a jovial manner.

"You always pay and drop me home!"

"Then we've been on tons of dates! You're making my point for me."

"Shut up!" Yongsun chortled. Things were uncomplicated with Seungyeon.