CHAPTER 10

"Unnie, is your friend still coming? I'm hungry!"

"Hyejin-ah, it's not even 8:00 pm yet. The two of you came early. Whose fault is that?" Moonbyul closed the fridge with one of her feet as she balanced bottles of soju and cans of beer in her arms.

"It's no one's fault," Hyejin responded softly as she cuddled further into Wheein. The two were seated on the couch in Moonbyul and Heeyeon's living room, making no move to provide assistance to their unnie as she struggled with the drinks. "We just love you so much, we got here early to spend more time with you."

"You love me so much, yet the two of you couldn't be bothered to help me carry the drinks that you both are going to demolish. Sounds fake."

"You're a world-class athlete! You run and lift and . . . do whatever it is that you do. Carrying a few bottles of drinks from the refrigerator to the table a few meters away should be a breeze."

"Really, Wheein? 'Whatever it is that I do'?" Moonbyul had settled the drinks on the small table between the couch and the television. She dramatically threw herself onto Hyejin and Wheein, her legs sprawled out on the former, while her head lay in the latter's lap. Neither made a fuss; they were all accustomed to being physically close. Wheein began running her fingers through Moonbyul's blonde locks.

"I don't know the specifics, I only know that you're the star and you win games. That's enough, isn't it?"

"Unnie, you need to touch up your roots. Your hair is looking rough."

"I know," she calmly responded to Hyejin. Her eyes were closed as she enjoyed Wheein's fingers in her hair. "I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. As for you, Wheein, I'm not the star. We're a team, we all do our part."

A bedroom door could be heard closing. Moments later, Heeyeon stepped into the living room. "Our Byulyi is so humble! 'We're a team, we all do our part.' I'll remind you of that the next time you're yelling at me to give you the ball during a game." If Moonbyul's eyes were open, she would have rolled them.

"Lie again. If anything, I'm usually telling you to come get the ball, but you never listen and end up completely messing up the play."

"Well, maybe if you spoke up, I'd be able to hear what you were asking for. I heard you're very direct and assertive in the bedroom. Try bringing some of that to the court."

"You want me to have sex on the basketball court? Not sure Coach would appreciate that, but I'll see what I can do."

"Smartass." She walked over to the table in front of the three younger girls and opened the food containers. "What's the special occasion? Pizza and chicken. You're going all out tonight, huh?"

"Heeyeon-unnie, you're not joining us tonight? We're meeting Byul-unnie's secret girlfriend."

"Secret who?!" The blonde abruptly sat up, a look of shock on her face. Wheein almost felt bad for saying what she had said. Then she remembered that Byulyi was squishing her and Hyejin in her new seated position. They both pushed their unnie off of them, and by extension, the couch.

"She said 'secret girlfriend,' Byulyi. Clean out your ears," Heeyeon quipped as she stole a slice of pizza and a few pieces of chicken. Moonbyul had regained her balance; she was now standing near Wheein's end of the couch.

"You're going to dinner, yet here you are stealing from our dinner. Go away," Byulyi shot at Heeyeon as she playfully pushed her away.

"What's done is done. Now, Wheein-ah, what's this about Byulyi having a secret girlfriend?"