16: Bottom Of My Heart

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, Umi-chan." He greeted back, "You bought breakfast for me? You're too kind. How much is it?"

"Don't pay me, Hiroshi-san. I'll feel bad if you do." Umi grinned, "You took care of me and Honoka last night, after all. Come on, let's sit at the dining table and talk." He nodded his head and followed her to the living room. They sat at the table and she passed him two medium-sized red beam buns.

"Thank you for taking care of me last night, Hiroshi-san." Umi then sighed, "And I'm sorry for yesterday too. I know I was harsh to you. Saying those words are unacceptable..."

"It's okay, Umi." Hiroshi interrupted her, "I understand how you feel. Honoka's your best friend, and you would do anything for her. I should've kept the video and not show it to Honoka."

"It's not your fault." Umi fidgeted with her cup, "Neither me or Kotori told you or Yosuke-san anything about that bastard. Let me bring you out as an apology. I can introduce you to a cafe and I can bring you to a place or two. It'll be a break from your search."

"Oh, you don't need to do anything." He replied, "As long as you forgive me, I'm contented already. I wouldn't want any of µ's to hate me."

"I insist, Hiroshi-chan." Umi pleaded, "I want to show that I'm sincere in my apologies. I'll pay for everything. Besides, I would love to get to know you better as a friend."

"Umi..."

"Please, Hiroshi-san. I'll not forgive you until you agree to it."

Hiroshi looked at her with a surprised look, before giving in to her, "Alright. Since you want it so badly, I'll agree to it. I got two conditions though. One, we're paying our own shares. I don't want you to pay for everything, because we are going out together. Two, we'll only have it once I'm done reforming µ's. Deal or no deal?" Umi beamed with pleasure and nodded her head. Hiroshi smiled at her gleefully.

In the hospital, Yosuke is texting his mother the directions to his ward. She had decided to visit him and wants to give him some tonic soup to drink. He initially rejected the idea, stating that it will be troublesome for her. However, she retorted that she'll have no problem doing so because she loves him. At that point, he couldn't bear to say no anymore.

Maki then walked in and went to him, "How are you feeling today, Mr Lee?"

"I'm okay today, thanks for asking. Maki-chan, I hope you can reconsider..."

"No." Maki just cut him off, "If you're asking me the same thing as yesterday, my answer is no different. I'm not joining µ's. Please stop trying to talk to me about it."

"Maki-chan, please. We just need you as the last member of µ's. I know you like being an idol, singing and dancing in front of your fans. You said that in your interviews, didn't you? Many fans of µ's wanted you girls to reform, including me!"

"Look, Mr Lee." Maki said, "I came here to check up on you, not to join anything. My future is in medicine, not idols. You see, Mr Lee, in this world, you can't just do whatever thing you want just because you want to do it. You have to do something that will benefit you in your life. Something that will make you have a stable income. This world is a harsh reality, and we all have to step up and face it."

"You're exactly like Nico-chan." Yosuke commented, "Is it so hard for both of you to admit you still want to be an idol? Why are you girls acting like your dreams can't save you in one bit? You haven't even tried it, and yet you are already raising the white flag. Just because you're a doctor, that doesn't mean your life is complete. You're being forced to do this damn doctor job. Damn tsunderes." As soon as he said the last sentence, he immediately regretted it. He looked up and saw a triggered Maki with her fists clenched. She stormed to him and glared at him.