17: Reconciliation

Nico and Maki went to the toilet to avoid getting caught by the latter's father. They went into a cubicle and locked the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Maki asked, "You could've get kicked out by security if my father sees you! You got warned by him once, and you're going to do it again?"

"I don't care anymore!" Nico retorted, "Join µ's right now! You promised to be an idol with me! I took your word for it and believed you. Are you going back on it now?"

"Out of all people, you should know why I can't do that now!" Maki screamed at her, "My father's plans for me to take over the hospital has not changed in one bit. If I don't do what the hell he says, I'll die!"

"Your father this, your father that." Nico grumbled, "Does your father form your damn life? What's so good about being a fucking doctor? It's not what you enjoy doing anyways! Your father separated us from each other just for his own selfish gains! He never considered you, or your feelings at all! Why are still doing it for him?"

"I can't just disobey my father like that, Nico-chan! Why..."

"I want you to be with me." Nico confessed, "I admit, Yosuke-san called me here to try and convince you to join µ's. But he doesn't need to do so. Because I'll still find you, and tell you the same thing I'm telling you now. Without you, my idol journey wouldn't have been as fun as it has been. I hope you could join µ's and be an idol with me. I really want to be with you. I love you, Maki."

"W...what are you saying..."

"We never got the perfect ending we wanted." Nico continued, "And my love for you has not changed ever since that day. I was always hoping for that one day, when I'd meet you again. I decided to try my luck and come to the hospital, where I was not allowed to enter. Your father, as usual, kicked me out. Today's my first time seeing you in years, and my heart still beats for you rapidly. Hiroshi-san may have reformed µ's, but being an idol isn't the same without you. I felt loneliness in my heart. Without you, my world feels like it's going to fall apart. Now that I found you, I don't want to ever leave you again. I want to be with you."

Nico then held Maki's hands, "I shouldn't have given up on finding you when you were taken away from me. I shouldn't have been an useless girlfriend and left you alone just because your father was a jerk. I hope you can give me a chance, and we can start afresh. I promise to be a better girlfriend for you..."

Maki pulled Nico close and kissed her on the lips. Maki then pulled away and placed her hands on Nico's shoulder, "I love you too, Nico-chan. All these years, I miss you. I miss being by your side, feeling your warm hugs and kisses. Ever since we were separated, nobody is able to touch my heart like you did. I don't really feel like I'm fit to be a doctor, much less a director of the hospital. I really want to be an idol alongside you, but my father always restricts me to do so. He doesn't like me to mix with people who are idols. He say idols are useless and worthless."

"Ignore your father and his words. I'd rather you enjoy your life than to suffer throughout it. After all, I only want what's best for you. I really hope you'll join µ's with me, Honoka, and the others."

"Promise me you won't leave me this time, and that you'll be by my side forever."

"I promise. That means you'll join µ's?" Nico questioned. Maki nodded her head, "As long as it's with you." Upon hearing that, Nico hugged the redhead happily. Maki smiled and caressed her hair.

"I love you, Maki Nishikino." Nico muffled on her shirt.

"I love you too, Nico Yazawa-chan." She replied back before planting a kiss on Nico's head. Nico then saw a scratch mark on Maki's arm. She wondered what it is.