forty seven- save your tears

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜' 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚍 (𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍); 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:) 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝

I closed my eyes, "Smack me. Kill me! At least I'll be with Peter."

I still had my eyes closed waiting for him to smack me, but I heard grunts and groans. ""Ow." "Argh." "Grr." was all I could hear. I slowly opened my eyes and saw all three of the men were attached to the wall with webs.

Spiderman.

Suddenly a masked figure popped in front of my view, "Y/N!!" he put his hands on my shoulders and shook me, "Y/N!! Are you alright?!!"

I nodded slowly with tears dripping down my cheeks. I was lying, I wasn't alright. How can I be okay?!

He cut off the ropes and helped me up, "You're not talking... Are you sure you're alright Y/N?" he whispered as we were outside the back of building.

"I've called the cops so they will capture them." he added, he looked at me in the eye.

"Come on, let's go home—"

"NO!" I shouted.

He froze, shocked because it was the first word I said to him ever since he helped me but the fact that I shouted made him more surprised.

"W-what w-why?"

"P-peter..." I sobbed while collapsing onto the ground.

"W-what d-do you mean?" he stuttered, trying to help me up. "Y-you're okay Y/N?"

"No! I-I'm not alright!" I cried.

"W-what ha-happened?"

I took a deep breath in and out trying to calm myself down but it only made me cry more. "Because of me! Be-because of ME." I cried, putting my hands on my head because I was frustrated.

"P-Peter IS GONE!"

"W-what do you mean?"

"HE DIED!" I sobbed. "Th-they ki-killed h-him b-because I- wouldn't cooperate wi-with them."

Spiderman didn't answer.

"Th-they killed him because I-I liked him. If I didn't like him, Peter would be still h-here." I croaked, hating myself.

"T-they t-told y-you t-that?" he asked putting his hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me.

"I hate myself for liking Peter." I admitted, Spiderman froze.

"W-what d-did y-you say?"

"I-I hate myself, for liking Peter." I repeated, "If I didn't have feelings for him. He would be still here—" I paused because Spiderman started to take off his mask.

"W-what a-are you doing?" I asked, "Y-you told me th-that you'll only remove your mask i-if I tell Peter..." I sniffed.

"Y-you told h-him." he replied with his mask only covering his the top half of his face. For the first time I saw the bottom half Spiderman's face.

I chuckled sadly, "I didn't... I couldn't tell him... And now, it's too late..." I sobbed.

Spiderman shallowed thickly, "Uh- Y/N..."

"Y-yeah."I sniffed, looking up. I put my hand over my mouth and gasped. My eyes widen and heart started pounding.

I must be dreaming. Y/N... You've finally lost it.

"Y/N..." Peter whispered, looking me in the eye.

I shook my head, "You're not Peter...The Peter I know... died."

Peter opened his mouth to speak but he couldn't, "I-uh, Y/N... W-what you said before... Did-you re-really m-mean it?" he questioned. "That you l-like me..."

I smiled weakly with tears dripping down, "I-if you're the real Peter. The Peter that I really like... Then I'll tell the truth... Yes. I did mean it..."

Peter nodded slowly and raised his hand and touched my cheek to wipe away my tears.

"Y/N... I wanted to tell you what happened with Liz... Betty told me what happened. I was practicing to ask you out, because you said you liked guys who were confident in what they were doing. And I-uh I'm not..."

I smiled and shook my head, "No... Peter, I really like you for who you are... You shouldn't change yourself..."

He grinned, "T-thanks. I really like you too, Y/N L/N..." He whispered and leaned in.

Soon his lips and mine touched, my heart was beating faster and faster. The kiss was quick yet passionate. His lips melting into mine.

Peter pulled away, grinning. Happy tears filled my eyes because Peter was back into my life.

Peter chuckled gently, "Save your tears for another day..."

I nodded slowly, wiping my tears. "Yea." I giggled softy.

He gave his goofy smile, "Nice to see you happy again, partner."

Tonight was like a dream, I was moments away from doing the biggest regret I will ever do but my superhero came and saved me... I guess I know why fairy tales always have a happy ending. I may not be a princess and I may not be that attractive but I found a guy, Peter who likes me for who I am... And that's what matters. I shouldn't change myself for guy so that he can like me more. If he didn't even look at me when I was being myself, then it means that he wouldn't look at me even if I changed. But even if he does; he's not worth it because he didn't appreciate for who I was originally...

So I shouldn't change myself for a guy.

Love yourself, embrace yourself and be yourself...