thirty seven- first date

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍' 𝚋𝚢 𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚗; 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

I waited patiently while looking out at the ferries that past by. I took out my compact mirror and final retouches and brushed my pastel pink dress down to prevent from anymore wrinkles.

"Going on a date?" I looked to my right and it was a man who was busking near the carousel but was resting for a bit.

I went over, "Uh- not really." I chuckled nervously.

The man wore a blue collared shirt with a panama hat with shoulder length hair making him look like he's in his 20's

"People don't dress to not impress."

I nodded slowly, 'Yeah, I guess you're right but—"

"So who's this lucky guy?" he smiled.

"Just a friend." I commented. "So why aren't you performing right now?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Well the girl I was supposed to duet today, bailed out on me so... I kinda of gave up." He sighed.

"What song were planning to sing?" I asked looking at his guitar. He was playing the tunes of Thinking Out Loud.

"Oh, I love that song."

He nodded, "Everyone loves it."

OKAY GUYS. THE NEXT SCENE IS REALLY CRINGE. IDEK WHY I WROTE THIS - I WAS YOUNG. BUT JUST A HEADS UP...

"When your legs don't work like they used to before..." he sang.

"And I can't sweep you off of your feet. Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love. Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks"

I sat down next to him and sang with him "And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70. And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23"

Soon people came along and watched us sing, some pulling out their phones to record us and some just listening.

"Oh maybe we found love right where we are. And we found love right where we are"

As we finished the duet, the crowd applaud and cheered.

"Wow, thanks. Usually not many people listen to my busking. Thanks." He said while getting up and picking up the bucket he placed at the front for tips.

"Here you can have a share." He handed me $30. I refused, "It's okay, you keep it. You deserve it way more than I do."

"But—"

"I had the best time singing in front of all these amazing people so thank you so much for that." I smiled.

"What is your name?" I asked.