eighteen- the story never ends

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜' 𝚋𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚟; 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

Y/N's POV

"You know... What you did for Maria was really nice..." Peter said softy while we were walking along the pathway.

Even though he spoke quietly, his voice echoed throughout the woods. Even the sound of our own footprints were loud, no one was nearby because all busyness and the loud noises were coming from the lawn beside the woods were walking. Mostly everyone was there and some few people were walking along here just taking their time out to enjoy the beautiful nature.

"Thanks." I paused, "I actually have a younger brother and she just reminded me of him, I guess..." I replied while admiring the tall trees that shoot up towards the sky.

"Oh. What's his name?" Peter asked.

"Joey." I smiled, "He can be annoying sometimes but I love him because he's my brother."

"Awww."

"So uh do you have any siblings?"

"I-I don't remember."

I looked at Peter because I didn't know what he meant.

"My parents died when I was young. So I don't remember anything about who my parents were and if I had any siblings..."

Oh no... Y/N! Why would you even ask that kind of question?!

"I'm so sorry Peter." I started, "I shouldn't have—"

He smiled weakly, "It's fine, I don't really remember them so...yeah, but I'm living with my Aunt, May so I do have a family though." He chuckled.

I smiled but inside I felt so sorry for him. He must be having a hard time.

I opened my mouth but before I something came out I noticed that far away a couple was walking towards our way.

It was Anthony and Addison.

I grabbed Peter's hand and quickly pulled them behind a bench that was nearby.

Peter tensed up, "What are you doing—"

I shushed him and hid quietly until Anthony and Addison walked past. I kept quiet so that they will not notice that Peter and I are hiding behind the bench, not trying to eavesdrop or anything but they were talking quite loudly.

"So what's your deal with that Y/N girl?" I heard Addison say.

"Nothing - you know just an old friend." Anthony replied, scratching the back of his neck.

"It seems more than that. The fact that she came over to your house for dinner is very suspicious, Ant."

There was disbelief in her voice.

"Seriously Addie, there's nothing going on between her and I." Anthony started, "I already told you, Josh and her mother are work colleagues."

He sounded quite annoyed. Was I annoying to him? Is that why he hated talking about me?

No - I'm just over reacting.

"Huh? Okay." Addison answered coldly.

Once they were out of sight, I sighed of relief and sat on the bench we were hiding behind.

"Sorry Peter."

He chuckled nervously, "It's alright." he paused and smirked.

I looked at him, "What?" with a small smiling forming around my mouth.

"You really like him right?"

I felt my face grow hot and red.

"N-no.. O-of co-course not." I stammered.

He raised his eyebrows, "It's kinda obvious Y/N."

"I d-do not!" I protested.

Peter laughed while putting his hands up, "Okay okay, I'm sorry."

I took a deep breathe in and out so my face won't grow any hotter, to change the topic I asked Peter, "Then do you like Liz?"

Peter's eyes grew big and his face flushed. "Li-Liz? No I-I do not Y/N..."

I gave him a smug smile, "Sure, if you say so, Parker."

Peter rolled his eyes, "By the way, if you do like Liz." I started.

Peter opened his mouth to talk back but I stopped him.

"I said if, So if you do... Liz likes guys who are kind and caring and people who talk about their life so boys who do not have any secrecy."

Peter looked at me, nodding. "O-okay, th-thanks? I guess. I don't like her just so you know."

"Yea yeah I know Peter." I laughed, "Then why did you thank me?"

"Be-because you thank people when they've done something for you... Haven't you learnt that when you were young or something?" He questioned in a genuine tone.

"I have." I chuckled.

Peter looked relieved.

I looked at the time and it was getting late. "I think we should go back to the Bethesda Terrace."

"Yeah okay." Peter answered, standing up.

After walking for around 10 minutes, we arrived back at the Bethesda Terrace.

Liz, Betty and Ned were sitting there chattering away.

"Ned! I never knew you had such humour in you." Liz laughed.

"Ahaha, I'm just a person who likes to keep it low-key. I guess." Ned chuckled.

I cleared my throat, "Hey guys."

They all looked up, "Hi Y/N! How was your night?" Betty asked while eating her candy floss.

"It was great actually." I looked at Peter smiling,"It was a long night."

"Awww that's so cute!" Liz replied while pointing at the Sven plush toy.

"T-thanks Liz." Peter blushed.

I smirked. Peter ignored me.

"So it's getting a bit late. I'm going to call my mom to pick me up now." I said while dialling my mom's number.

"Yup, I'm going to call my mom too." Betty added.

"Hey mom, could you pick me up please? I'm at the Bethesda Terrace right now." I called.

"Hey honey, good news is that Joey and I decided to pop in to see what the Halloween festival is at NYC. So we're already here, we'll come to the Bethesda Terrace by 5 minutes."

"Oh cool, is Joey having fun?" I asked.

"Yes, he's having a splendid time." she chuckled.

"That's great, I'll see you soon mom." I answered and hung up.

Soon after a few minutes, Joey and mom came to pick me up.

"Bye guys." I waved.

"Bye Y/N!" Betty and Ned exclaimed.

"Goodbye Y/N." Peter replied.

"See you at school, Y/N." Liz waved, smiling.

"Byeee!" I laughed and left.

A/N

peter and y/n are slowly getting closer and y/n realised that peter is very vulnerable on the inside and she knows what peter is going through:)

thank you so so much for reading!

-starxight<3