Chapter 14| Real Necropolis

Y/n's P.O.V

Ban and I cooked a lot of different kinds of food based on what we had left at the tavern and served them to the kids.

"All right, eat." Ban said in a slightly rude tone. The kids awed. Meliodas was pulling Hawk back from the ear.

"Gosh, that smells good." Elizabeth said.

"Right?" Meliodas said like a proud dad.

"But we don't have-" The little boy said. I still don't know his name.

"If you don't eat now, I'll give it all to the pig." I threatened. Hawk cried with joy.

"Itadakimasu!" They kids said and I smiled at them. They started eating.

"It's great." Ellen said happily.

"Let me have a taste!" Hawk said crying.

"When you learn how to do your job without complaining." I said. He cried more.

"Thank you, miss, mister." Little boy thanked. 

"The name's Y/n." I introduced. "What's your little boy?"

"Luigi." He gave me a smile.

"Where's Mario?" I joked. None of them got it. "Nevermind."

"Quid pro quo time." Ban said sitting down in front of them and I sat next to him. "In return, tell us about this 'Necropolis' place."

"Oi, Ban? We found King." Meliodas said. "There's no more point in asking right?"

"No way in hell that was King." Ban protested. 

"Trust me, it's really him." Meliodas argued.

"It's a fake." Ban said back. 

"It's really him." I said.

"It's a fake." He insisted. I just shrugged at him.

"You guys also want to go to the Necropolis?" Luigi asked. We turned to him. "That boy from earlier came with a few questions, too. He said he wanted to reach the Necropolis no matter what."

"King said that?" I asked.

"He said he'd been looking for it for a long time." He nodded.

"It's here in this dump?" Hawk asked.

"No." He shook his head. "But it's here nearby."

"What do you mean?" Diane asked from outside the tavern.

"The entrance at the Necropolis is in the hamlet. But it's not a place you can reach just because you want to."

"Riddles aren't my thing." Ban said.

"I get it." Meliodas said. "So what you're saying is that it's like this?" He put food on a plate and tied it on a stick and tied it again on Hawk except Hawk couldn't reach the plate. I chuckled at this.

"I don't think that's what it means." Elizabeth said. Hawk kept trying to reach for the food desperately.

"Is it a grave that's normally hidden?" I asked.

"It's not a grave. They say the Necropolis is a land people go when they die." He said. My eyes widened. I can see my mom if I go to Necropolis. 

"It's the other side you mean?" Meliodas asked.

"How can we reach such a place?" Eli asked herself.

"How can I reach a plate?!" Hawk said, still reaching for the food.