thirty nine- forever anonymous

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Betty, no one's going to ask me out."

"You never know..." she smirked and finished the last of her lollipop.

~~~

*Knock* *Knock*

I smiled, every time I hear that knock on my window at around 8:30 PM. It makes me excited. Spiderman doesn't visit everyday but once or twice a week he does. Lately, Spiderman I shared a lot of things and we've become much closer.

Before I opened the window, I grabbed my jacket that was slung over my chair and hurriedly put it on. "Hi, Peterson." I said,climbing out.

"Hey, how are you?" he asked, plotting himself down at our usual sitting place.

"Good, did you catch any villains tonight?" I chuckled.

"Yes I did. I caught a naughty young girl who is still up till 9:00 PM."

I bit my lower lip, trying to stop myself from laughing but it didn't work. "You know Mr Spiderman that was the worst joke I've ever heard in my life."

"Ouch."

"And come on, no one sleeps at 9:00 PM nowadays." I turned on my phone to show the time, "And its 8:46 PM to be exact."

"I'm sorry, miss know it all." he laughed, chucking his hands up in the air.

"Just stating the facts."

"Sorry about not coming yesterday. I-I was a bit busy."

"No worries." I smiled.

"So uh-Y/N. Anything interesting that happened at school this week? Since I didn't had the chance to catch up with your school news for a while."

"Um nothing really happened... I guess." I commented.

"Y-you sure?" he asked, looking at me in the eye.

"Yeah except...I'm a little worried."

"Wo-worried? Why?"

"Well my friend, he-uh got into a fight and he was badly hurt...He says he's alright but I-I could tell he's not..." I sighed.

"Oh...Um... What if Peter didn't t-tell you because he-uh doesn't want you to w-worry..."

I looked up at him, confused. "H-how did you know I was talking about Peter?"

He paused, "Er- be-because you talk about him a lot, recently." he nodded quickly.

I was flustered, "I-I d-do? R-right yeah. Maybe it's just-uh you're like really close to me so I just tell you anything." I paused, "Sorry if I'm annoying you. I won't talk about him again—"

"No, no, no. I like when you t-talk about him. It's uh- nice."

"Okay thanks." I chuckled, "But isn't it weird... That I only knew you for around 3 months but I feel like I've known you more than you?"

"N-no! It's not weird. I-I assume it's uh-like a connection you get when you're uh-close..." He replied.

"Right, of course!" I smiled.

"L-lets kept talking about him..." he suggested.

I looked at his masked eyes, "Why?" questioning sometimes why he was more interested in Peter than I.

"Be-because it's f-fun? B-but i-if you don't want to that's uh-fine." He stuttered.

"You remind me of him." I chuckled, "The way you talk."

"B-but I-I'm not h-him." he pointed out.

"Yeah obviously or else I would be majorly embarrassed right now."

"Are you ever going to tell Peter? Or are you going to uh-wait for him.." He asked, avoiding my eyes.

"Well first of all, no and second of all no, because he's never going to like me back."

"W-what? How would you know."

I shot him an annoyed look, "Peterson! I've told you for the past months that he likes my best friend not me." I laughed.

"Y-yeah I recall that! But what if he doesn't like your best friend?"

"Well by the looks of it, he does." I stopped and changed the subject, "So when are you going to take your mask off and show me who you are?"

"When you confess to Peter."

I froze, "N-no! That will never happen! Why can't you just show me already? You trust me right?"

"Y-yeah of course I do!—"

"Then show me..."

"I'm only going to take my mask off if you tell Peter how you really feel."

"Ugh- fine. I guess you will stay forever anonymous."

"Y/N..."

"Yeah?" I asked looking up.

"I need to tell you something..."