14.

tw// drugs

august 31, 2022; 7:42pm

"y-you don't remember me?" mark said, his legs almost going limp.

"am i supposed to?" jaebeom said, a cold tone in his voice.

"it's me, mark!" mark said, tears streaming down his face like a river.

"alright, that's enough." a therapist said, stepping into his room. "i need to evaluate him." the therapist said, obviously not wanting to be there.

"okay, excuse me." mark said, wiping his tears and walking out of the room.

mark didn't go visit him again after that.

september 3, 2022; 7:44am

one day, the therapist mark saw in jaebeom's room that day stopped him. "hey, kid."

"yes, sir?" mark stopped and looked at him.

"have a seat." the therapist said, pointing to a set of chairs in the waiting room of the psych unit.

mark sat down, looking at the therapist anxiously.

"jaebeom was a good kid. he didn't have any traumatic memories. i learned that after his senior year of high school, he began doing hard drugs. meth, heroine, cocaine, etc.. he couldn't handle the pressure of his parents wanting him to go to college. jaebeom doesn't have amnesia. his brain has been rewired due to the drugs he was on. he doesn't remember anyone from his senior year, basically. i'm not sure why that's not the only year he can't remember. but, it is. that's why he didn't know who you were." the therapist went on explaining.

"so why did he try to kill himself?" mark asked, tapping his foot against the tiled floor.

"he was high. he didn't try to kill himself. he was on a roof and he stumbled off. luckily, he lived. the doctors automatically wrote it off as an attempted suicide." the therapist replied.

mark smiled happily. only because jaebeom didn't want to end his life. it was an accident.

september 3, 2022; 6:32pm

later that evening, he noticed that jaebeom was moved to a room that didn't have a window exposing everything to everyone.

he knocked on jaebeom's door and he signaled that he could come in.

after a long talk and lots of persuading, jaebeom allowed mark to stay in the hospital room since he had nobody else there.

or so he thought.