Bossy

Published 6/11/2020

I would just take a shower in the morning before I head off to work.

I walked back out into my kitchen/living room.

My apartment wasn't very big, the kitchen and living room along with my entryway all connected and created one space.

The only two separate rooms were my bedroom and bathroom but both were small.

My eyes immediately went to the man at my table. As I walked closer I decided to take my time and finally look him over closer.

I stood next to him and ran my fingers over the many designs on his skin. The tattoos we're beautiful and we're done every cleanly. The artist who did these should be very proud.

My eyes glanced up at his face. I tilted my head as my eyes fully took in his face.

He had thick lips and a strong jaw. I moved some of the strands of his hair out of his face.

"Who are you" I whispered waiting for an answer that I knew I would not get then.

But as my fingers grazed over his forehead I paused and pressed my hand fully against his skin.

I quickly pulled it back and ran to my kitchen grabbing a bowl and filling it with cold water.

The man had gained a fever. How did I not notice it?! His breathing was heavy and fast and he had a light sweat on him.

I grabbed one of my hand towels and rushed over to him. Quickly soaking the small towel I strained out the extra water before setting it in his forehead.

I glanced over to my couch and saw one of my many small pillows. I walked over and grabbed it before making my way back over to him. Carefully I lifted his head and set it back down on the pillow.

I pulled a chair over so I could sit next to him. My fingers raked through his short hair.

I couldn't help myself. I had a thing for playing with hair. Whether it be a boy or a girl. If they had hair that looked soft or caught my interest I was gonna touch it.

People probably think im crazy.

I grabbed the towel and re soaked it in the cold water.

I would have to be up all night to make sure he was ok.

I let out a sigh and stood up. I walked over to my small stack of books that sat on the floor along the wall. Grabbing the one on top.

It was a recent book we had gotten at the library it was the zookeeper's wife by Diane Ackerman. It was an interesting book, set back during WWII.

I grabbed my phone and a light blanket as I passed them and returned to my seat by the man.

I pulled the blanket around my shoulders and quickly went to my Spotify playlist.

The familiar strums of a guitar fill the air. Then the soft voice of a certain Ginger.

"Give me Love by Ed Sheeran"

I knew this song word for word.
Opening my book to the last page I hummed along to the lyrics as my eyes raked over the words on the page.

And that's how my night went. Every now and then I would resoak the towel or get myself a cup of coffee.

Letting out a yawn I closed my book and stretched my arms over my head hearing my whole body pop and crack.

I glanced at my watch seeing that it was 4:45 am.

I had to leave for work at 6:30

I took the towel off his head and checked his temperature. Letting out a sigh of relief I drop the towel in the bowl.

I picked it up and walked it over to my sink draining all the water.

I guess it was just gonna be another day with no sleep.

I glanced at the man one last time before heading to my room and grabbing my clothes for today. But just as I was about to walk into my bathroom when the familiar notification ringtone of my boss caught my attention.

Setting my clothes down on my bathroom sink I walked back over to the table where I had left it and picked it up.

Bossy:

Hi Ashleigh, ik it's late or well early for you but one of the pipes in the bathroom busted at the library. So u don't have to come in today. I'll keep you and the rest of the staff updated.

: Ashleigh

Ok, thank u Lisa, hope to see you tomorrow then.

Well, maybe luck is on my side. I walked back to my bedroom with my clothes and exchanged them for a pair of black sweatpants and a red tank top with some mixed matched fluffy socks.

Just as I was about to walk into my bathroom I stopped and glanced back over at the man on my table.

"Please don't be a crazy killer" I begged then entered my bathroom. Locking the door behind me.

I wasn't even in the shower for 30 minutes before all the hot water disappeared.

But I couldn't really complain, I was luckier than most. So many people in New York City didn't even have a roof over their heads.

I walked out of my bathroom fully dressed in my sweats, tank and fluffy socks. My head was tilted to the side and I had a towel in hand drying my hair.

But I froze in my place as my eyes went to my table. My towel fell to the floor, not that I cared at the moment.

There was no longer a body on it. It was empty that could only mean.

*gasp*

A large rough hand wrapped around my throat and my face was pushed against the wall roughly

My hands were restrained behind my back and a large strong body was pressed against my back.

My breathing was erratic as my heart raced in my chest.

"Kto ty, printsessa"
(Who are you, princess)

Ivanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें